Chapter 21: The Jodan Shippers

"You have to be kidding me," Lisa sighed as she fell down on her bed.
"What's wrong?" Jolene frowned down on her. I closed the door behind me, throwing my bag on my bed and heading towards my backpack. I wanted a shower.
"What's wrong?" Lisa asked, sitting straight. "What's wrong?" Her eyes were wide. "We just went to have a drink with Zoë fricking Sugg!" Her hands were in the air, she looked devestated.
"Yes?" I asked as I grabbed my towel. "I wouldn't think that's something to be mad about."
"I'm not mad about it," Lisa sort-of-yelled. She tried to keep her voice down to make it seem she was calm, but her face and body language told me something else.
"You're mad about something," Jolene sighed, sitting next to her. "What is it?"
Lisa sighed deeply, as if Jolene and I were missing a huge point.
"It's the fact that Joanna is one of the most lucky persons ever. I mean, first she picks up a random hat that somehow belongs to her major celebrity crush, and then she meets another idol of her by being yelled at by a jealous fan of named celebrity crush."
Jolene and I laughed. "Well," I said, opening the bathroom door. "Then you're lucky to be my friend, aren't you?"
I closed the door, hearing Jolene and Lisa talking about something else.

*************************************

(A/N: back to English, oh yeah)

"I told you you would survive it!"
"Barely!" I collided with Dan in his and Phil's lounge. I hugged him tight, realising how much I had missed him. We were back in London for a bit over an hour. Lisa went to see Tim right away, and after we showered, Jolene and I headed over here. Because Jolene wanted to see Phil. And I went with her because otherwise I would be alone. Obviously. That's why.
"Okay Joanna,"
Dan said as he hugged me even tighter. He lifted me off the ground, and it was an instant reminder of my birthday. I only knew him a day then. Now, two weeks later, my feelings toward him hadn't changed, only grown. Like, highlighted. It was amazing as well as horrible. Constant happiness and constant fear were my primary emotions, and I had yet to find a way to mute the fear.
"What is it Daniel?" I snuggled my nose in his neck, realising too late how intimate that was. But he didn't react to it. In words. I couldn't see his face.
"What will we do for another week until you have to go home?"
He put me down, and he actually looked quite sad. I shook my head. "I don't want to think about leaving England," I blushed, relieved I didn't say you.
"Me neither," he sighed, falling down on the sofa. "We'll stay in touch, right?" He looked at me.
"Of course," I smiled. But I wasn't sure that was going to work. No matter how much he meant to me, distance was never a good thing. Even for friendships it was a dangerous road to go down. And I didn't want that. I didn't want to think about going away and having to always count in distance. It didn't have to mean we would never talk again, but it did mean it would never be as easy again. I couldnt just go to his flat, we couldn't just meet up.
It was going to be really different.

*************************************

Yet another week later. Me and my friends had another two days in London bedore we were heading home. Dan and Phil had decided they would go with us to Dover to say goodbye. Jolene and Phil had been promising each other to never lose contact the last few days, and honestly, it was driving everyone mad. I got it, they were in love and the cutest thing ever, but I didn't want to hear it. The last week, Dan only kept giving me more reasons to like him, and it was destroying me. The last thing I wanted was a couple- a madly in love one -hanging around me. Lisa was with Tim most of the time, but Dan felt the same as me. He was beginning to show signs of nervousness around Phil. They still hung out a lot, but I expect he just talked about Jolene a lot. Just like she did when he wasn't with her. So Dan and I hung out more often by ourselves. We usually just gamed, watched a movie or an episode from a show we both watched. We also started watching a couple together. I knew that if I ever wanted to watch them at home, it would hurt. But I didn't think about that. I was so stupid to link myself to him even more, care for him even more than I already did. It would all be over in two days, but I was full of hope. Me and Dan wouldn't be those friends that lost contact, I thought. We would be different.

Stupid little admiring girls fall in love easy. A hint: I'm one of those girls. I was head over heels for Dan. And yes, he was friendly aand caring with me, but I never had that feeling he felt something else than brotherly feelings for me.
The hating on social media grew to be one in a thousand. More and more fans began to understand what I had already accepted: Dan was my friend, and nothing more.
But then, there's always a side to a story you miss. In my case, it were the  Jodan shippers. I was horrified when I was scrolling through Tumblr when I got back from Bath. Pictures and screenshots with theories, fanfictions, fanart.. There was a whole group of people that actually believed dan and I were hiding a relationship or feelins. And I had to admit, I liked the fact that there were persons in this world that wanted the same thing as me: Dan or me being brave enough to romantically share our emotions.
After I had read another Jodan fanfic (they were amazing) I made a pact with myself. If nothing had happened ten minutes before we would leave for the boat, I would confess.
It was a safe option, because if I failed, hiding and running away would be no problem.

Yes, that was a good idea.