Chapter 12: A Crazy Gift For A Crazy Fan

"Come on, Jo," Dan whined. "I'm sure there's something you like." It had to look almost comical: this giant kid tugging on my arm and whining in the middle of the street. We had been around the shops for almost an hour now. Dan was determined to get me a gift, but I kept refusing. I had managed to distract him a couple of times, but always he was focused again in no time. We were having fun though, but I think I would have fun with him if we were studying for my exams. I was honestly beginning to think to just choose something small so he would stop pulling me around.

I pointed in a window. There was a small braided bracelet. I could see from here it was fake leather, a scent I also got a headache from, but the price had caught my eyes, and I would wear it if Dan would buy it for me. "What about that?"

"No, Jo," Dan shook his head. "You don't like it enough." I was speechless. Could the boy read my mind or was I just very predictable? I tried to convince him. "It's cute." But he shook his head again. "Not a chance, woman." I sighed. "But Da-an," I whined, stretching his name. "I want to go ho-me." "What a shame. We're not going anywhere until I ffff-"

He stopped talking in the middle of his sentence. I turned around to face him, seeing I had been pulling him with me. He was just grinning, the silent 'ffff' sound still coming cound of his mouth. I frowned. "What's it?" I asked. "What are you up to, Howell?"

"I was thinking about something. I know what I'm going to give you," he said, still grinning widely. Focus on what he's saying, Jo, not on those fricking dimples. Dan, be polite and hide your dimples. "You do?" I asked confused. What was he thinking about. I had the feeling I was going to get embarrased. How I knew? Growing up being faced with embarrasement almost every day, I knew when I had it coming. This was one of those moments. The tension build in my stomach. Tension-y. Dan's grin grew even wider (scary) and he tapped my nose.

"I should just let you keep the shirt you wore to sleep. I saw you sniff it."

My cheeks were immediately heated, but my brain had yet to process what he had said. He tapped my nose. That was so cute. Wait. What did he say? It hit me. He saw me sniff his shirt. Shit.

"Fùck,"I whispered. Dan laughed, the most beautiful and joyfull sound in this world. I couldn't help it. Even though this had to be one of the most embarrasing moments ever, his laugh was just so loud and lovely. It cracked me up, and within three seconds I was laughing with him. We had to look like some kind of imbecils, laughing like that on the street. I just couldn't care less that moment. I yet again came to me where I was, with who I was...

So surreal. Meeting them was already amazing, but there was so much more. Sleeping there, hanging with them, and now this. This had to be one of the best moments in my life. And I was only in London for three days. How did this happen to me??

"I'm still just a fan, Dan," I said inbetween my laughing and the most attractive snorts ever. "Take it as a compliment, though. It has to mean you smell good." He looked at me, wrinkles around his eyes, dimples in his cheeks. He sighed a happy sigh. "Oh, I know I smell good." "Then you shouldn't be surprised when a young woman sniffs your shirt." "I never said I was surprised." I rolled my eyes, grinning. "Inflating ego alarm," I said.

He just chuckled and continued walking. He didn't stop to point at things in the windows, just kept going. I frowned. "Where are you going?" I called him. He turned around, but kept walking. Ouch. Maybe not the best idea. He spread his hands. "Home." I ran to catch up with im. "What do you mean? Is the gift-hunt finally over? I'm not complaining." "Yup, it's over," he said. I sighed relieved. "Seeing we found you one."

My head snapped to him, eyes wide. "We did?" He was chewing on his lips, and suddenly I just couldn't stop looking at them. "Yup," he repeated, popping the 'p'. "My shirt, remember?" My mouth fell open, quite literally. "You meant that?" I asked, cheeks flaming red. I remembered the shirt, it had been nice, still felt as new and had smelt amazing. "Hmm," he said, chuckling at my expression. "Look, I didn't wear it that often. I have had it for over a year now and I have worn it like two times top. You can have it. A crazy gift for a crazy fan."

"A crazy one? Excuse me?"

"You were in my flat."

"You invited me."

"You faked my choice of clothes."

"You're just jealous it looks better on me."