Chapter Four: The Hotel, Where We Had Wifi

When I opened my eyes, the harsh light flowing through the windows blinded me. Guess we didn't close the curtains last night. I rolled over, throwing my blanket to the end of the bed. I saw Lisa turning around, her eyes still closed, and with a bit of drool on her chin. I grinned and sat straight up, looking at the empty bed on the other side of the room. I frowned and picked up my phone.
It read 10:23. So maybe it was normal that Jolene was already up and awake. She was probably showering or something. As if on cue, Jolene stepped out of the bathroom in her underwear and with a towel around her head. She smiled and waved at me, then silently tiptoed to her opened suitcase on her bed. I finally got completely out of bed, walking over to my suitcase that I had dropped at the door. Once I found my bathroom stuff, I headed to the ensuite. I entered, and closed the door silently behind me. When I turned around, I was surprised. The bathroom walls weren't the classic white and blue, but a matt black and shining gold. The shower was enormous and packed with those small shampoos and shower gel. I quickly stripped off my clothes, suddenly craving the hot water, and stepped in the shower.

*************************************

An hour later, Jolene and I were both fully clothed and waiting for the now awake Lisa who was changing. We seemed to have found London in a good time: the sun was shining, it was pleasantely hot and because it was the end of August/beginning of September, not that many tourists were around. Of course they were still there and London is a big city anyway, but still. Because of the weather, I decided on wearing jeans shorts. On it, I wore a white shirt with cute chicks drawn on them.
We decided on going in the city to eat breakfast, seeing as the hotel only served until 11.
We bought ourself a card for the underground. The card lasted for a month, so we would use mostly the undergroung for out transport.
Once we were settled in seats and we knew where we were going, we all relaxed. We had asked in the hotel where you could have a good breakfast, and we were now heading towards one of the smaller ones. You could sit on the roof, something I was looking forward to. We got off at the right time, which was a relief, and followed the directions that were given to us. The building kind of reminded me of the bookshop. It was an old, tall building. Sadly the man behind the bar wasn't as hot as Julian. It was an older man, and he was very friendly. He brought us to the roof, and had no problem with the fact that it was almost noon and some girls were asking for breakfast. He brought me and Lisa a full English breakfast, Jolene ate a continental one. It was delicious.
"So, what are we going to do today?" Jolene asked, after she had swallowed some of her toast.
Lisa and I shrugged. "I don't know," I said, "Maybe walk around a bit, get to know the area?"
"Yeah, sounds good."
"Okay, let's get going."

*************************************

"I still can't believe we're actually here."
"It's crazy."
We had been walking around for a couple of hours. We had found a small museum about film and a park with a lot of butterflies. When we found a small shop, we bought sandwiches, which we had on the way. It was a quiet first day, and soon we were tired and our feet were sore. We decided to head back to the hotel, where we had wifi and where we could eat dinner.
As soon as Lisa swung the door of the room open, I headed for my laptop. Jolene and Lisa decided to wath some episodes of Pretty Little Liars together and asked if I wanted to watch too, but I was up-to-date and they were still in season 2, so I declined.
I opened my youtube and went back to watching Dan and Phil. I only stopped watching to eat dinner downstairs.
When I had seen every single video of Dan and Phil, I discovered a video of Phil that I had missed. It was a vlog called: A festive day in the life of Dan and Phil. I watched it, enjoyed it, and recognized some of the shops they entered. That was only a coupme of blocks away! Could that mean they didn't live that far from the hotel? That would be so cool.
When the video was over, I headed to Lisa's bed, where she and Jolene were now watching The Princess Diaries, and joined them.
When I got in bed 3 hours later, I just went to sleep.

I had no idea what was going to happen tomorrow.