Chapter 13: How Long Before You Guys Get Together?

"Philly! We're home!"
"Quickly guys, hide," we heared a soft voice from the lounge. It was followed by giggles and silent laughing. I heared a stumble, and then someone bumping into something.
"Motherfúcker."
"Shhht, Lisa!" Phil whisper-shouted. Me and Dan looked at each other, cramped in the narrow hallway. We grinned at the same moment. Dan took my hand and pulled me into the loung, where Jolene, Lisa and Phil were still shushing each other. Lisa was standing on one leg, holding her foot. Phil stood bended over, hands hovering over Lisa's foot. And Jolene was just looking at them amused.
At the moment we entered the loung; they all turned to us.
"Hey guys," Jolene smiled sheepily. Me and Dan lifted our hands as a greeting. It was normal that we lifted different ones, seeing I was righthanded and Dan a leftie. Yet in the process of us kind of waving, Lisa's and Jolene's gaze fell down. I saw their eyes widen. There was even a small sound gulp coming from Lisa, who was still holding her foot. I suddenly rememberd we were holding hands, completely innocent of course.
"Hey," I said quickly. Their eyes came back up, meeting my face. I would let go, if it weren't for the fact that Dan's giant hand was circling mine. Which I totally didn't mind of course.

"Jo, Dan," Phil said, standing straight. Lisa had put her foot down. "Did he find you a present?" I blushed and looked at Dan, begging him with my gaze not to tell. "Kind of," I said. Dan nodded, grinning. "It's a secret though." I sighed relieved. He wouldn't tell Phil and my friends what kind of weirdo I was. Even though my friends already knew, it would still be incredible embarrassing to explain to them why I got a used shirt.

"So, what were you guys doing before Lisa ran into a table?" Dan asked, subtly changing the subject. We were still holding hands. "My poor pinkie toe," Lisa whined. I raised my eyebrows. Lisa, just like me and Jolene, were at first very shy, normally. We would only get loose after a couple of days, sometimes even weeks with a person. Seemed like I wasn't the only one getting accepted so quick. Lisa already had a big mouth, and Jolene was almost flirting (something I had never seen her do) with Phil. And me, well, my hand got accepted, I guess. "Something is feeling at home," I voiced my thoughts. Just then Dan decided to crash on the sofa, me following quick. Lisa grinned. "Says the person throwing herself on sofas." I stuck out my tongue.

"We were actually just about to play Mario Kart," Phil said, sitting down next to Jolene, who had seated herself beside me. Lisa fell down in the armchair. "Just in time then," Dan grinned. "I'm going to wreck you all." Jolene and Lisa laughed at this, looking at me. Jolene said: "I don't know, Dan. Jo's got a pretty strong game." His eyes jumped to me. I shrugged. "It's like, one of the three games I play at home." He raised a corner of his mouth, looking confident. "Still going to wreck you," he said, as he let my hand go to tap my nose. He then fixed his hair and let his hand fall back down. He was so close though, that our fingers still touched. I raised one eyebrow, grabbing a controller. Phil was starting the game already. "Okay then, let's see."

***************************************************

Five rounds and three wins for me later, Dan sighed deeply. "Now I'm not the record-holder anymore," he pouted. I giggled at his cute face. "What a shame. Defeated by a girl." He smiled at me, shrugging. "Defeated by a girl sounds so sexist. And I like to believe I'm a feminist."

Phil sighed and stood up. "Yeah, he does like to belive that. Now you got him talking, Jo. Anyone a drink?"
"Just a soda please."
"I'm having coffee, anyone else?"
"Yeah, I'll help," Jolene said, getting up.
"Is it okay if I have a beer?" Dan asked, looking around. I nodded my head. "Actually, make that two."
Phil and Jolene left for the kitchen. "Anyone want to play another game?" Lisa asked, grabbing the first controller and starting a game. "Oh, you're on," Dan said, grabbing one too. I just leant back in my chair, a small smile playong around my lips. I felt so comfortable. Like it was home.
"I get to be Daisy!"
"What? Like I want to be Daisy!"
"Secretely you do, but only when you're alone," Lisa winked.
"Here ya go, Jo," Jolene whispered, handing me a bottle and placing another one on the table, together with a can of soda. She left again.
"Okay, so how long before they get together?" I asked, taking a sip from my drink.
"Two weeks top."
"I don't know, it would have to be Jolene, Phil would never go for it," Dan shook his head, swearing and taking a sharp turn before he fell of the course. "She's quite shy, but if she wants it, she wants it," I said grinning.
"Oh, sounds exiting. I'm curious how this will go-hahaa! Get wrecked!" He cut himself off, throwing his hands into the air and falling back next to me. He smiled at me.
"How long before you guys get together?"
Both me and Dan turned to Lisa, mouths open in shock. I had to look sunburned in the face. I subtly shifted so we were a little further apart, but we were still too close.
"Who knows," Dan chuckled, taking a gulp of his drink. He winked at me.