Chapter 1:Whats My Name

Years ago....
I cried as my father continued to beat me, ignoring my mother's pleads to stop. And when he threatened her, she seemed to forget about her own daughter. I called out to her as she ran out the house with my father throwing me aside and running after her. My brother rushed to my side but I scooted away. Mom never came back.Why did they hurt me? I came back from my first day of 2nd grade and my parents were fighting....again. When I blocked my beloved mother from dad's hits, he turned on me. And since then, he has continued to beat me. Im ending high school now and it wont be long until I can leave........

Rosette's POV
I stepped out of the shower and put on my undergarments. I chose a gray blazer with matching long khakis. I put on some heels and went over to my mirror. I brushed out my long dark brown hair and placed it into a bun and covered the bags under my ugly shade of brown eyes. Men tend to try and make moves on me but it's best to walk away. I walked to my white mustang ,with a black stripe in the middle , and drove to work in the dark, beautiful Washington weather.

As I walked in, I was greeted by Lucy. When I first came, It was clear and everyone knew I didn't  want anything to do with them but she didnt seem to get it. I sped through the halls in attempt to escape in my office but Lucy caught up. "Hi Rosette! I was wondering if you wanted to go out with Julie and I. We're going to the mall." "No thank you Lucy. " I replied in my usual monotone voice and straight face. Im not an interesting person. I like no one, I spend my time at work or at home and I have no friends. I don't want any or need any. Julie is Lucy's perverted friend who doesn't seem to get it either.

I walked into my office that leads to Mr.Emerson's office. Anyone who wants him has to go through me first. I sat at my computer and checked today's agenda. I walked to his office to greet him. "Good morning Mr.Emerson. Today you have to check in on new workers at 1 and then go to the Kerson meeting to discuss a business deal at 6." He smiled at me. Mr.Emerson's name is Hank. He is 55 years old with soft green eyes. "Hello Rosette. I needed to ask you, would you join me in the Kerson meeting today?" "Yes sir" "Great! And please clear anything 8pm and up" I nodded keeping my usual monotone voice and straight face. My usual composture you could say. After a few hours and the Kerson meeting, we arrived at the lab. I went to the break room to get some stuff as I checked my phone. I blocked a few numbers and deleted messages. I was retrieving Mr.Emerson's pills and some drinks when all the women in the top floor began to silence and gasp. I ignored them and continued with the items. I turned when someone tapped my shoulder and turned to see Lucy and Julie. "There's a sexy man down the hall coming this way!" Lucy said excitedly. How immature. "The things I would do to him" Julie said staring somewhere. I rolled my eyes and continued. I began to walk over to the office when someone tapped me. I turned and saw a tall, muscular man with black hair and green eyes that seemed so familiar. They look like Mr.Emerson's but slightly darker with a strange look in them. I kept my usual straight bored face ignoring my body's reaction to the good looking man in front of me. "Can I help you?" "Hello beautiful I'm looking for Hank Emerson." The man said with a smile. All women in the lab seemed to fawn over him. I find men disgusting, mainly all human beings besides Hank. "This way " I said leading him to the office. I bit my lip while thinking. The eyes are similar so maybe they're related. Is it just me? I set the tray down and checked the schedule. He sat there looking at me. Creep. I took in some of his traits with a glance, he was definetly tall and most likely built, he was wearing a gray suit that seemed to fit him, he had a clean face with green eyes and you could see his seemingly perfect jawline." I'll be right back" I walked to Mr.Emerson's office with the tray and set it in front of him. "Please take your meds and I'll be back with water. There is a young man here to see you. Should I send him in?" He nodded while setting the drinks up. I walked over to the male. "Mr.Emerson will see you now." "Thank you beautiful" he said before walking in. He grazed my arm as he walked passed. The name thing was bothering me as was his slight contact. Soon after I entered with water while holding my ipad. They were laughing and quieted as I walked in. "Mr.Emerson, if it isnt a bother, may i go over something quickly with you?" "Of course Rosette" he said while pouring himself a glass of wine. I quickly walked over and took it before placing it out of reach. "You know the rules Mr.Emerson, no drinks until your meds. Here is your water" I heard a chuckle from the handsome stranger that sent shivers up my spine. Snap out of it Rose!!! After all thats happened I think I've learned my lesson. Emerson took his pills while I went over a few rescheduled appointments from today. "Oh yes, Crimson, this is my son, Alexander. Alexander,this is Rosette Crimson" he shook my hand. "Its a pleasure. Call me Alex."he said with a smile that would weaken a woman's legs . I simply nodded. It wasnt a pleasure. Just another issue. Especially if a simple male could have such an effect on me. I turned to Mr.Emerson. "Sir, it is 9 pm. If there isnt anything else you need, may I head to the lab now?" "Of course and have a good night Rosette I'll see you tomorrow "I nodded and began to walk out the door before Alexander stopped me. "It really was a pleasure meeting you .I hope we meet again beautiful" Alex said with a smirk. "Only time can tell. And Mr.Emerson.....the name is Rosette, please use it" I said while walking off and hearing Hank's laughter bursting out the door.