Ch.3 Rewrite

Its been two days since Hank's son came on Tuesday. Hank had an extra desk put into  his office for Elijah to work until his brother came. I'm sure Elijah had gotten the hint about my fear of him since he hardly ever spoke to me these past few days, only to ask for information about meetings and to search up files. Today, Hank would be gone all day in another city to negotiate a partnership with another company. It would be a big step towards the business expanding and completing the research lab. Usually Hank would have me join him, not only as his PA but because the lab would be run by me. It was a promise he had been glad to make. But this meeting would need a people person, which Hank definitely was. It is well into the workday and nearing lunch. Luckily, Elijah has been in Hank's office all day and I've just finished my work for the day. I guess I have an early leave? I got up from my desk to stretch as I looked out the big wide window to my right. It had a great view of a nearby park. A similar window was in Hanks office but was facing the city.  Gosh I've loved working here. I don't think id ever want to leave, even if Hank is moving on. Besides, his son doesn't seem so bad.
"Ms. Crimson?" A deep voice called behind me.
I visibly jumped and turned to see Elijah standing next to my desk with a file in his hand. "Yes sir. How can I help you?" I replied while slowly walking back over to my desk. "I was hoping you would look at some documents for me" he answered as he began to open the file he carried. I nodded my head as I slowly sat down, looking at the files as Elijah set them in front of me. I silently let out a shaky breath,  trying to focus on the papers in front of me. I began to read the documents seeing as they were some sort of contract until I felt warmth near me. From the corner of my eye I could see Elijah leaning on my desk right. Next. To. Me. My breath hitched as I tried to focus on the documents and ignore the fear I felt in my stomach. These documents were clearly a work contract. "Pardon me sir, but is there something I should be noting?" I look up at him confused. But the eye contact between us forced me to direct my gaze to the floor. "Well I hoped you would have noticed. This is the contract that would be signed by you and I in order for you to become my PA." He finished, looking at me for a reply. "Oh. I was hoping to sign into this job after meeting both you and your brother." I replied. He nodded. "That would be another discussion. You see, this contract," he paused as leaned down toward my ear, "would make you my personal assistant". I felt shivers down my spine as his breath fanned on my ear. I cant tell if they were out of fear or...something else. I looked up, noticing he was way too close for comfort. "Mr.Emerson, please take a step back" I spat, feeling hostile about how close he was. He stepped back. "Ms. Crimson let me be honest. I think you're a fine worker and id appreciate it very much if you stayed on board. I still have a lot to learn about this company and it would be good to have someone experienced by my side. I'm sure my father would appreciate it as well" Elijah sounded genuine. I stayed silent for a moment. Of course I'd stay, for Hank. I nodded then reached for a pen to sign the papers. Elijah seemed to watch me like a predator. I glanced at him before finishing the signing and handing the file back to him. He thanked me as he turned to walk away. I stood up and quickly called out to him. "Mr.Emerson'' I spoke as clearly as I could. He turned, "Yes Ms.Crimson?" I took a deep breath then replied, "Please understand that I am not a woman you can approach very easily. I very much appreciate my personal space and I hope you can respect that. Besides that fact, I believe I am a very capable PA you can rely on and I look forward to our work together." I finished with a nod. I did my very best to keep eye contact with his cold blue eyes. He smiled suddenly and walked up to me, holding his hand out. "I look forward to it as well" he replied. I reluctantly shook his hand which seemed to engulf mine before he began walking back into his office.
Maybe I shouldn't have signed quite yet....

It has been around  a week since I officially became Elijah's PA and Hank left. It has been pretty uneventful up until now. Today was a busy Friday and it was likely I would have to stay late. It was already 8 pm and I still had an hour left of paperwork to finish. All the paperwork for the transfer of leadership was hitting us today and Elijah has been locked in his office all day. Ive begun to bring him coffee every morning like I did with Hank. Except unlike Hank, he liked his coffee sweet. I decided to take a short break before finishing that last hour of work. I stretched in my seat, wishing I could lay on the small couch in Hanks..or I mean Elijah's office. But that was only when Hank was here. I wouldn't dare leave myself vulnerable to a stranger. Sitting up, I decided to take a trip to the vending machines downstairs for a coke. I knocked on Elijahs door. "Come in" he said, sounding muffled from behind the door. I walked in and up to his desk. He had papers sprawled all across his desk and his tie pulled loose. His hair looked messy and loose and his eyes seemed to sag . "You look exhausted sir" I told him bluntly. He chuckled lightly. "Yes well I've been taking work home. The office isn't always so comfortable." I nodded in reply. "I am nearly done with my work but I've decided to take a short break and go get a drink at the vending machines. Would you like me to get you something?" I offered. He looked up at me as if he were surprised. He then looked back down and shook his head. "Thank you for the offer Elise but I'm okay" I nodded and turned on my heel to head out the door. But before I stepped out I said, "That couch there may look uncomfortable but its quite relaxing after hours of paperwork" I said pointing to the couch by the window in the corner in the room. I then stepped out and left the office.

After getting my drink and finishing my paperwork, I packed up to go home. Before leaving I decided to go check on Elijah. Despite my fear of the man, I would like to make sure he isn't overworking himself too much. Maybe I can help take a load off. I knocked but he didn't reply. I knocked once more but then I heard a faint snore. After a short contemplation, I slowly opened the door. I walked into the office and saw Elijah asleep on the couch. I chuckled lightly. He had taken my advice. There was still a small pile of unfinished paperwork on his desk. He's worked hard enough and meanwhile I have some free time. I quietly closed the door then walked over to a cabinet near one of the desks. I pulled out a blanket to set on Elijah since it was chilly tonight. I was as careful as I could be when putting the cloth on him so as not to wake him. I cant ignore the anxiety I've been having around him as the work day gets late. Who knows what he would do. But with him asleep, I can help with some of his paperwork before I leave. I look down at the man. Elijah had a jawline that gave his face a gentle yet mature shape. His skin looked smooth and his features were relaxed as he slept. In all honesty he was quite attractive. His black hair was ruffled in a way that reminded you of a young boy. It was a shame his eyes were closed but had he been awake, it wouldn't be very good to be caught hovering over him. I smiled to myself but it quickly faded. It sucks how terrible men can turn out to be. I shook my head and walked over to his desk.
I had finished up his remaining papers then left for the night.

The outer web is stressful. Anywho sorry for a later update I would like to try and at least update once a week. Lol as I'm typing this I knocked out then woke back up. What do you guys think so far? I understand it's not so interesting but it will get interesting i promise. One thing I wanted to change in the story was I wanted to develop the relationship between Elise and Elijah alone for a little. She falls in love with each of them for a reason which is why they will have their own sorts of dynamics between the trio. In the next chapter expect a POV from Elijah and anticipation for the arrival of Darren :))))

PS. Any recommendations? Or complaints?
Like, follow, comment do as you please and I hope you enjoy my work