Chapter 2:Not The Best Day

Alex's POV
My father called me in to discuss me taking over the company with my brother. Like usual, Darren was going to be late. And in this case, a few weeks late due to some business. Dad had spoken of his amazing secretary but I never expected what I got. She was stunning. Beautiful long legs, soft looking skin, amazing curves and the most perfect ass I've ever seen. Ignoring other women staring at me, I walked to the mysterious woman feeling the need to see her face. I tapped her and found myself looking at a goddess. She didn't seem to be affected by my appearance like most do. In fact she had a cold bored look on her face which intrigued me even more."Can I help you?" She spoke with the sexiest voice I've ever heard "Hello beautiful I'm looking for Hank Emerson." "This way" While she led me into the office, I couldnt help but stare at her ass. I could feel myself harden at the thought of touching her body. When she sat at her desk, I took in her features. Full rosy red lips, long eyelashes, dark brown hair, long legs and dark brown eyes mysterious. It took all my strength not to jump her right now. I grazed her skin and she stiffened. I walked in to see my father waiting with drinks. "Hello Alex" he said smiling. "Hello Father" we shook hands. "So have you and your brother thought about my proposal?" " I would gladly take over but Darren is still considering. He will be here in a few weeks due to some business" "Ah I see. Your brother is always late" he said and we laughed a bit until she came in. I saw how she cared for my father. I was slowly growing more interested in her. She didnt seem to care about my presence at all. My father began to crack up when she told me to call her by her name. Rosette Crimson. I'll be sure to remember that.

Rosette's POV
Everyone had left the lab and I was locking up. I put away the tools and chemicals and began to retrieve my things from my locker. I heard someone behind me and I quickly turned. I realized who the person was by those familiar green eyes. "Oh I'm sorry Mr.Emerson. You startled me." I said with my usual composure and voice. "My apologies as well...... So Rose" "Its Rosette" "Why are you down here?" Alex asked.Why does he need to know? "I work here" "But I thought you were my father's P.A?" "Partially. I work for him until work is covered and then take my place as head chemist of the lab" I said while grabbing my glasses and purse before walking away. He grabbed my arm suddenly causing me to jump at the contact. "P-please dont touch me Mr.Emerson." I spat struggling to control myself . He rose his hands and backed away. "Well I just wanted to walk you out" "No thank you" he was quiet for a second "Do you dislike me for some reason? Because I don't recall ever giving you a reason to." "Not you in particular Mr.Emerson just your kind. Men." he rose an eyebrow. "Well I guess that would be an issue" he said with a smirk and a glint in his eye. "And why is that so?" I asked. "Because I've taken an interest in you and fortunately the reason I am here will give us plenty of time to change that feisty little opinion of yours. "Good-Bye Mr.Emerson" I said walking away confused and annoyed. "Good night Rosette, see you soon" oh god forbid it.

It was late when I got home. I usually get home by 12 but I had some late night business and arrived at 1:40. I looked at the bags under my eyes from sleepless nights.They were slightly visible but luckily were leaving. I skimmed my phone and blocked a few numbers. I skipped dinner and went straight to bed.

I woke up sometime around 4:30. There was a pain in my stomach and I quickly rushed to the toilet. After sitting there for an hour, I got up but quickly sat back down. My head was spinning and I can't tell if I have a headache or someone is banging a pot against my head. It was getting late and work is in half an hour. I thought I could handle the pain until I saw my phone. I took a pill while stuffing the rest in my bag. After a shower and getting dressed, I sped to work.

I arrived a bit late but hopefully Mr.Emerson will understand. I rushed to my office and went through my usual routine before knocking on Mr.Emerson's door. "Come in" I slowly walked in. "Mr.Emerson we need to disciss today's agenda." His son is here. Smirking at me. I could feel his stare boring holes into me."Oh yes. Not to sound harsh but why are you late?" I stiffened even more if possible. "My apologies Mr.Emerson, car trouble" "No worries" Hank walked up to me. He lifted his arms to place his hands on my shoulders. Stupid me, I flinched. He looked at me with sad eyes. "If there is anything, you can talk to me" he said with a soft smile. I nodded before stepping back and going over the schedule. I felt eyes on me but ignored them. After a few hours, I began to feel light headed and the dizziness was back. I got up from my desk and leaned on it for support. I walked to the restroom.....more like ran. I felt bile rising. I ran to the closest stall and hurled. Since I forgot to eat, it was stomach acid and it wasn't kind. I bit my lip to prevent any sound of pain. I straightened myself out and walked to the sink. There was a figure behind me causing me to jump. I turned and realized it was Lucy. "My goodness Lucy please warn me first" I said with a slightly straight face. "Sorry Rosette but I heard you. Are you feeling well?" " I'm fine." "Rosette please" I looked into her blue pleading eyes and knew that she might really care. I sighed. "Im just a bit dizzy." I reached for my bag and took a few more pills. "Maybe you need to relax a bit. Hey Rosette Julie and I are planning to go to a club sometime, wanna join? I know you always say no but please come. You never talk to anyone but the boss and you are so closed in. We just want to be friends. I wont stop begging til you say yes. Plzplzplzplzl...." how immature. She was jumping while pulling my arm. "If I say yes, will you stop?" I reply with no emotion like usual. "Yay we'll talk later" she says before running off somewhere.I checked my phone and deleted the messages. I rushed to the office where Hank's son, Alex, was in my seat. "Mr.Emerson. If you dont mind would you get out of my seat?" He got up and sat across from me. "What are you doing?" I asked "Just sitting. My dad is out and I wanted you to know that you'll be seeing me alot more now" "How come?" "Because im taking over the company" NO NO NO. Dammmit work will never get done around here if this whore attracting male is walking around!!! "Oh" I hate this male!!! "Is it okay if I sit here for a bit?" Not wanting to sound rude I let him. While I continued my work, he sat in front of me. I squirmed under his stare.It's probably in my head but it feels like his eyes follow my every move. He filled out some papers a few times and asked questions but I gave short answes in my usual monotone voice. It was hard especially when I got dizzy again. I had to print something but when I got up, I fell back down. He glanced at me confused and I shook it off. I tried again and struggled to stay balanced as I went to the printer. I felt his eyes on my back and scoffed. This idiot! He walked out for a phone call and went to Hank's room. I looked at the wide window view next to me. It's beautiful. There was just glass and you could see other buildings and the foggy beach nearby. As I began to walk to my desk, I felt my knees go weak and suddenly I was falling....................