Chapter 4

Danny's P.O.V.

"'n pull tight." Gibson said while showing me his end product.

I looked at his, then at mine and asked curiously, "Are you sure we're doing the same thing?"

He gave a big throaty laugh and said in between chuckles, "It takes the hour to perfect a knot likes 'tis, Lass."

Since Captain Cox didn't know what to do with me and saw that I wasn't a 'threat', he let me roam freely around the ship as long as I didn't break anything. When he told me that, I wanted to mention I'm quite clumsy but he was in a bad mood so I thought better of it.

For the last fifteen minutes or so, Gibson had been trying to teach me how to tie a traditional pirate rope knot, but...it wasn't going so well.

"Everything takes time." I whined while pouting.

He chuckled while showing me once more.

Later that day, exploring other areas of the ship, I found the galley. For a stinky old pirate ship, the galley was actually quite vibrant with smells and colours.

"Want to help?" Someone suddenly asked, making me jump backwards and slam into a cabinet full of pots, simultaneously hitting my head.

"Quite th' clumsy one." turning my head, I saw a large man with a white apron on standing in front of me with a spoon in hand.

"Uh...who are you?" I asked.

"Th' names Pepper, I be th' ship's cook." He said in a very deep voice.

Trying to stifle a giggle, I asked, "Is that really your name?"

"Aye poppet, has been since th' day I was born" He answered with a serious face.

I couldn't keep my laughter in anymore and soon I was nearly on the deck from laughing so hard.

"What's so funny, Lass?" Pepper asked in a perplexed tone.

"It's just so amusing how your name is Pepper and you're the cook." I replied while whipping some tears of laughter from my eyes.

"Aye I see th' irony" he said, giving a friendly smile with only five teeth in his mouth and then asked, "How about ye help an ole scallywag like me cook some grub fer th' crew?"

"Sure." I said, smiling brightly.

When lunch was finished, every crewman ran straight for the Mess. The poor souls looked so hungry, I couldn't help but have a little fun with them...

"Open th' door, Lass!" Gibson shouted

"Aye, we wants our grub!" I think that was Fisher.

"Let us in!" Chip shouted as well.

I had decided to lock the door to the mess when Pepper went to call everyone to get their share of food and now they're trying to 'convince' me to open the door.

Giggling I shouted back, "Never!"

"On three mates, one..." Williams began counting.

Knowing what they were about to do I waited for the perfect moment...

"Two...three!"

Just when Williams shouted three, I unlocked the door and they all came tumbling into the mess like a bunch of barrels.

Everything was silent for a few seconds before I started laughing harder than I've ever before. I was rolling on the deck from laughing so hard.

"You guys are so funny!" I gasped between bursts of laughter.