Chapter 9

Theodore's P.O.V.

I lifted my hand slowly and gently caressed her rosy cheeks. I looked down into her eyes for a moment and saw those gorgeous sea-blue eyes. You could see it in her eyes - how she'd been on many adventures and held thousands of secrets and mysteries of different times.

I was curious what she was hiding, but although it frustrated me immeasurably, I figured she'd tell me when the time was right.

Leaning down at a slow pace, I hesitated to see what her response would be.

Usually by now I would have grabbed the girl and kissed her no matter her feelings, but Danny was... different.

I pecked her on her cheek and whispered softly into her ear, "Good night, Danny." Then I just left.

I wouldn't say I had feelings for her, but I felt a pull, attraction even. I suspected it was because of all the mysteries her eyes held - that dangerous glow of having the knowledge of things no one else should know.

I closed the door and moved to my desk. I slumped down on my desk and gave a heavy sign.

What a busy day...

We had about two more days before we would dock. The thought of being on land with a bunch of landlubbers never pleased me.

"Theodore!"

My heart jump in my throat and I sprang from my seat, causing it to fall over with a thump. I ran for the door and ripped it open.

It was dark on deck and it was difficult to see, but my eyes caught a glimpse of a body slumping onto the deck.

"All hands on deck!" I barked out, dashing of towards the figure.

A large man crouched down and tossed the body on the floor over his shoulders.

I looked more closely and saw that the figure hanging over the large man's shoulder was Danny.

My speed increased with a jolt of my heart and the adrenaline running through my veins intensified.

Two identical rascals intercepted my path with drawn swords. I unsheathed my own and attacked first.

The clang of our swords was a pleasurable sound to me, and I skilfully disarmed one of the rascals.

He rushed to retrieve his sword while his comrade tried striking me from above. With a quick flick from my wrist, I had retracted a dagger from my belt and the small knife slashed painfully into the man's leg; he went down with an agonizing cry. Turning swiftly, I was able to block a blow from the other rascal just in the nick of time.

I did a quick survey of the main deck for Danny and the large man holding her and found them near one of the banisters. Danny was clearly still unconscious and it looked like the man was going to jump.

Not wanting them to be able to succeed in capturing her, I worked hastily in taking down the other rascal. With swift movements I had him on the floor with a gash in his arm and a bump on his head.

I dashed for the banister, but I was a moment too late. Just when I had reached them, he had leaped over the banister. I reached out to grab him but was only able to rip a piece of cloth hanging from his trousers. They plummeted into the water with a splash...

I smashed my fists into the banister angrily and a furious growl ripped through my throat. I started pulling my cloak off initially wanting to go after them but someone stopped me with their hand on my shoulder.

I turned around furiously, ready to rip the man to shreds when I saw who it was.

"Cap'n, thar gone." Gibson said gently.