Chapter 17

Danny's P.O.V.

"Why is Perez still on board?" I asked curiously after our laughter had died down.

"Oh, he's coming with us to the island." Theo said with a not quite happy about expression on his face.

"Why is he coming with and what island?" I questioned.

Theo sighed before answering, "He's coming with because he had asked, more like demanded, and after some more arguing I agreed as long as he didn't bring his crew with – they're a bunch of drunk baboons," I giggled at that, "and we're going to the island where the treasure is. I thought I had told you about that?"

"Oh! Yes, now I remember." I said and face palmed.

He stared at me and held his hand out to me. I looked down at his hand questioningly, not knowing what he was doing, but I put my hand in his anyway.

Before I knew what was happening, he had me turned around and held against his chest with his arms cocooning around me. He gently rested his chin upon my head and sighed.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of this situation and to be rather honest, I was kind of shocked. Theo isn't really the type of person who makes a lot of physical contact with people, unless it has something to do with punching them needlessly to say. Yes, I like it, don't get me wrong, it's just I'm not used to it.

"Uh, Theo?"

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"What... uhm... exactly are you doing?" I asked, not yet relaxing.

"Trying to ease up for a bit." He said tightening his arms around me.

"Oh, okay." I said, not fully understanding but definitely not wanting to stop him.

I stared across the ocean and saw how the sun was just starting to go under. It was most beautiful, it actually caused me to relax completely in Theo's arms.

The calmness of the moment caused my thoughts to run to a different place.

I remember the times I had gone hiking with my family and how when we had reached the peek it had barely turned to dusk and how all the mountains looked as though they had been put aflame. We would usually hold a short picnic near the edge and enjoy ourselves before finally returning home.

I haven't been able to think a lot about my family for some time now. I miss them more than anything and I really want to go back to them. It feels like I've lost everyone I've ever known or loved. I was literally ripped from my world. My family won't cease to exist for the next hundreds of years and I will never have a prized moment with my family ever again.

When I feel down and low, I won't have someone like my father there, standing ready with a treasurable hug. When I need a bit of advice from my mother, she won't be there with some extra facts and tips about life. No one will be standing there from my past. To make things worse, my past is my parents' future.

The journey helps distract my thoughts from wandering to things like that, where the thought of my parents purely makes me want to cry.

I hate crying and the feelings that come along with it; your heart feels so broken and empty and your throat feels clogged up with all the emotions. Your eyes burn with sadness and the more you try to stop the sadness from overflowing, the harder it gets. Eventually you just can't keep it in anymore and you start sobbing your heart out.

But with all this in mind, I've made a new family. I won't see my parents ever again, but I have a new family and along with it, I have one heck of an adventure.