Chapter 20

Danny's P.O.V.

I gasped and shot up. I began to cough ferociously; it felt as though I was hacking one of my lounges out. My coughing expedition calmed down after a bit and I questioningly looked down to find that my shirt had water spilled onto it.

"I accidently spill water on you." A foreign voice said next to me.

My gaze zipped towards the source of the voice. A young woman, maybe four or five years older than me, sat with her legs crossed and calmly holding a clay cup in her hands. She had copper coloured skin with long black hair. Her hair was braided and decorated with beads and hanging strings. Her clothing was some sort of colourful material wrapped around her body in the form of a dress. Her feet were bare.

"Who are you?" I asked in a raspy voice.

"I am Hopiana, daughter of Chief Chikasha, chief of The Black Sand Tribe." She said smoothly but I could tell that she wasn't very accustomed to speaking English.

Quite the mouthful of names when introducing herself and only one of them are hers.

I warily nodded my head at her. My eyes began to roam around the room I was in. It was a sort of homemade tent that had been badly stitched between the fabrics. Self-cut wood was used as support beams. The floor was covered in animal skins and there was no furniture in the tent. Only I and the young woman occupied the tent walls.

"Where am I?" I asked and noticed my voice had returned back to normal.

"In village." She said and smoothly stood up. She held her hand out to me. I gave it an untrusting look. "I will not hurt."

Hesitantly, I took it. She helped me up and moved towards the opening. I cautiously followed her.

Outside the sun was already up and shining bright.

The village itself looked like a hard working community and even though they were small, they made use of their skills in plenty. Children were running around while their mothers sat nearby; cooking food, making pottery or fixing clothing pieces. The men were more than likely out, hunting for food or gathering supplies, but those who were still around were guarding their village bravely.

I almost jumped out of my socks when I noticed two abnormally large men standing just outside of the tent opening. They bowed respectively at Hopiana but immediately stood back up straight and held their spears with sturdy arms in front of them. They kept their eyes forwards but I could see them watching me out of the corner of their eyes.

Cautious aren't they?

"Where is Theo and the rest of the crew?" I asked, looking at the people's faces in search for theirs.

"Who?" Hopiana asked, turning so that she was standing in front of me while looking at me.

"The people I was with." I said.

"I not know, we only take you."

Don't tell me these are another one of Theodore's 'friends' who so enjoy kidnapping me and using me as leverage.

"Why?" I questioned and began to subtly look around for a means of escape.

"We go to Chief, he answer questions." Was all she said before she began walking. I reluctantly followed her.

We stopped in front of an insignificant tent and Hopiana ducked inside. I gazed around the village, seeing if I can try and escape but the slight prick of a sharp weapon against my back stopped me. It seems the two large men had followed us; or rather me. I sighed and went inside.