Chapter 8

Danny's P.O.V.

Currently, I've been playing cards with the crew and to tell you the truth, they're a bunch of cheaters or as Gibson likes to say - they know how to hornswoggle. They know how to cheat.

According to them, there are no rules in the game, yet they mentioned a few. I know, it doesn't make sense.

I've been trying to win the last five games, but each time I come close, they find a way to knock me down - literally.

"How on earth am I supposed to play if Chip over here is covering my eyes?" I asked, exasperated.

"Ye'll find a way, Lass... eventually." They all started laughing.

"I could always bite off a few fingers." I mentioned, causing Chip to remove his fingers from my face hastily.

I laughed at his gullibility. He might constantly speak his mind and be overloud, but he sure is gullible.

"Mighty funny, Lass." He said.

I just kept laughing at him, before I finally calmed down and made my next move.

After two more games, we eventually decided to wrap it up and the boys went off to finish their duties.

I stood up from my seat on the floor and gazed up at Theo's cabin door. He hasn't come out once today, which, according to the boys, is quite unusual.

Might as well go see what's going on with him.

I jogged up the ladder and came to a halt in front of his door. My fist seemed to be frozen for an indefinitely short period of time, before I proceeded to knock.

It seemed as though no one was going to open up, so I started to leave, but astonishingly the door was pulled open.

I turned back around and saw Theo standing at the door. His hair was slightly messy, probably from running his fingers through it numerous times, but other than that he looked fine.

"Hey." I greeted him, giving a small wave.

"Danny." He simply said.

He stared at me for an uncomfortable period of time, in which I nervously bounced up and down on my heels, before he shook his head, seemingly trying to clear his head from a daze.

"How can I help you?" He asked.

"Oh, uhm, no thanks." I said, in which he gave me a confused look, "What I mean to say is that I only came to check if you were okay. You haven't come out today and the boys said that it was quite strange, so I decided to come and see if everything was alright."

"The boys?" He questioned curiously.

"The crew." I explained.

"Ah, I see. Well, come in then." He said.

He held the door open wider and I entered. He closed the door behind me and moved to his desk, taking a seat at his chair. Motioning for me to take a seat as well, I obliged by sitting down.

"So are you?" I asked.

"Am I what?"

"Are you okay?" I specified more.

"Oh yes, yes. I've just been busy, that's all." He said.

"Uh huh." I said, not fully believing him.

He squirmed in his seat, before he changed the subject, "So, what have you lot been doing today?"

"Well besides for the boys doing whatever they're supposed to do, nothing really. We played some kind of card game earlier in which I lost horribly," he started laughing at me and I tried to save what dignity I had left, "but that was only because they cheated. They even held my eyes closed at one stage. I mean how is that even supposed to work?"