"Queen, your people awaits you." Taz's guard said and walked up behind me with his hands behind his back. That's the appropriate position for them to stand in according to my king. He didn't want anyone to touch me without his permission to do so.

"I know, Anthony. Just one last thing and I'll be ready." I took out my ruby red lipstick and started to put it on my lips, careful not to get it on my teeth.

"Your highness, I have a question."

I turned around from my mirror to look at him. This was odd, none of Taz's guards questioned me before because they were technically not supposed to. I allowed him to do so anyways.

"Speak."

"Are you with child?" The question caught me off guard because I hadn't told anyone about the pregnancy. Not even the father of my child knows.

"Um...I don't think I should be discussing this with you. If anything, it should be the father. Don't you think?" He lowered his head but nodded anyways.

"I just don't want Tazamunda to look like an idiot in front of his people because his queen is with someone else's child."

My breath hitched in my throat and I stood to my feet in shock. What did he just say?

"You may have your king fooled but you don't have us fooled, your highness. There's no way that Taz is the father of your child. I can bet my last on that one that's for sure."

I was taken back by his sudden outburst and every vein in my body was boiling. Who does he think he is?

"I can assure you that my child is Taz's. He's my husband, my king, my love. Whatever lies are being spread about me are not true. I can assure you that."

"It isn't a lie if I saw it for myself, my queen. You and his cousin, Justin. Really? Have you no respect for yourself or your husband? You just had to go sleep with his best friend and family."

I was breathing hard and my chest rose and fell at a steady pace. "Get out!"

Anthony backed up slowly towards the double doors and eyed me as he did so. "All I'm saying is how long do you think it'll be before he figures it out all on his own? Either you tell him or me being his loyal servant and guard, will do it for you."
***
Taz sat beside his queen on the throne and the crowd of people that surrounded the place cheered out. Some danced and others bowed to show respect. Taz had this sexy grin on his face but other than that, I couldn't tell what he was feeling.

"Good morning, my people!" He shouted below us and they cheered again. "As you all are aware, my queen and I have been together for some time now and..." He looked over at me with a smile and took my hand in his. "It's only right that my dynasty lives on."

The palace vibrated with all of the cheering, clapping, and celebrating going on.

"You are with child, right?" He whispered in my ears, sending chills down my spine. I just nodded my head and he leaned down to kiss my belly.

"Good because this would have been pointless, love." I nodded my head, agreeing with him.
"What was the other announcement, baby?"

His smile slowly faded away as he looked off into the distance at the mountains that surrounded our kingdom.

"My army is at war and they need help...they're dying, my love. I don't know how to fix this. I feel like when they do all die, the enemy will try and kill me next. I want to be here for you and my son and our family."

A tear escaped my eye and he quickly wiped it with his thumb. "Please don't cry. You have to be strong for the baby now. Our baby. That's the only thing motivating me to continue on even though the war is still going on."

"But what if something happens to you? To me?" I choked out, this time the tears fell faster. "I can't go on without you. I can't...I can't."

"You can." He nodded his head and held on to my hand a little tighter. "You're strong, my queen. Very strong. I know that you'll do everything in your power to make sure my dynasty lives on and that the kingdom stays together."

"So that's it? It's already planned? You're just going to leave and go to war while your queen is with your child?"

"It's already been discussed, love. This is the only way that I'll know for sure that you and my son will be safe. You have to be strong..."

"You've given me no choice!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and all of the people silenced themselves as they looked at us. The guards motioned for us to go inside and discuss this but I've had enough. I didn't want to talk about it anymore. 

"Fine, it's settled then. I'll make sure that your stuff is all ready to be sent with you when you go to war."

"Please, please try to understand why I'm doing this." He shut his eyes to block away the tears that dared to escape from his eyes.

It took me a couple of minutes before I walked over to Taz and placed myself on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and laid his head on my chest.

"I never meant to hurt you, my queen. I only want to protect you. Love you." I could feel something wet on my chest as he kissed it and trailed his kisses to my neck. He was crying.

"You've never cried in front of me before." I whispered and turned around to face him. "I love you, Tazamunda. Nothing will change that."

He nodded and I wiped the remaining tears that fell from his eyes. "You'll forever be my King."

"You'll forever be my queen."

He kissed my lips passionately and I let out a sigh of content.

"Promise me one thing?"

Taz rose to his feet with me laying in his arms bridal style.

"Anything."

"Promise you'll come back for us..."

He walked back into our palace and started off towards the bedroom. "I promise."