13

I placed his crown on his head and nodded. I've never been so happy to place something on someone's head in my life. He half smile at me and lead me over to our thrones where we sat. How it should've been all along. Just us.

"I'm not angry." The words rang in my ears over and over until I actually believed them myself. He wasn't upset with me?

"I'm not angry because I love you and I know deep down you love me too. You don't show it majority of the time but I feel it in my heart that you genuinely love me or you wouldn't be here right now."

I just nodded as he continued. "It took everything in me not to kill him that night. Not to come home and kill you. I wanted to so badly but I thought, hey what if the child is actually mine and I killed him? I would never forgive myself for that. That's the only thing that saved you that night. Justin on the other hand....he's my cousin. My best friend. He's the Royal fuck up of the family so it's only right for him to make a couple mistakes here and there. So I guess what you really would like to know is where you stand?"

"Yes...now and when the baby comes."

"Now, you are my queen. Justin was right about one thing though, you have no authority. Or power. That's all me. I've sat at this throne for far too long not knowing what's happening with my people or in my kingdom and it's time for me to step up and run it the way it's supposed to be ran and how I feel it should be done. Not how you feel, not my father, not my mother or siblings, but me. I'm the king and this is my kingdom so the whole thing about you not having any power is true. I just wish he wouldn't have told you like that...although, when I leave for war you will have that power because I won't be here to enforce much of anything."

This was all too much for me at one time but there was still that last question he didn't answer.

"After the baby comes, you'll still be queen. Justin and I agreed on a couple of things while we were talking."

Oh no. This was it.

"Even if the son is not mine...he will still be king."

I couldn't believe any of this. I was in complete shock.

"So what you're telling me is-"

"What I'm saying is you're carrying the next king in there so be gentle." He smiled and placed his hands on my womb.

"What about Justin? He doesn't want the child?"

"It's not that he doesn't want him, because he does. The child will just be raised by the both of us to be king. He will know that I'm not his father and that Justin is if that's what you're asking but as for training him to be king, that's my job. No one else can train him but me."

I nodded my head, finally understanding what he was saying.

"So either way, I'm carrying a king?"

Taz nodded his head and leaned in. "Yes, you are. So be careful from now on. Take it easy."

I pulled him in and smashed my lips into his.