21

Seven months later
"It's time!!" Victoria yelled to me and Keena and we nearly ran over each other trying to put on clothes to see my potential son be born. "Hurry! She's about to push!"

I ran down the hallway to Taz's chamber and all you could hear was the queen's screams. Tazamunda stood beside her and held her hand to calm her down. "I'm going to kill whoever put this thing inside of me!!" The queen yelled at the top of her lungs and the nurses came flying in. Doctors surrounded the bed and Taz motioned for me to come to him.

I let go of a pregnant Keena, who was wrapped up in my arms holding her own little baby bump, and walked over to where Taz was standing. You could see it all.

"Um, you sure you want me to see..."

He shot me a glare. "Nothing you haven't seen before. I just thought you would want to see him be born."

I wanted to laugh but something told me that he was serious.

"Get this thing out of me!!" Queen screamed and grabbed on to Taz's shirt. "Please please.."

The doctor nodded at Taz and he whispered in her ear. "Baby, you can push now. Give me my son."

The words he said stung a bit but I brushed it aside and nodded my head. "You can do it, come on. Show us the king."

She started pushing and out came the head. My knees felt like jelly and I felt faint. "Oh god, I think I'm going to be sick." I held my hand to my forehead and everything started to get blurry.

"Hey doc, you might want to pay attention to Prince Justin. He's about to-"

That's all I heard before I blacked out.
***
"I can't believe he passed out! Wake him!" My queen shouted to Keena and she nodded.

"Honey...Justin?" She shook him but nothing happened. Sara grabbed a bucket of water and poured it all over Justin. He coughed and sat up quickly. "Seriously?! I thought I was fucking drowning!"

I turned my attention back to my wife and kissed her forehead. "Breathe, my love. He's almost out. You can do it."

She gave one last push and everything silenced when the first cry was heard.

"It's-" The doctor looked down at the baby and then back at me. "He's a boy."

Tears fell freely from my eyes as I watched the doctors clean off my baby boy. Justin watched as well. "He's beautiful."

The doctor placed his clothing on him and finished him off with a blue blanket. She put him in the queen's arms. I got a good glance at the baby from there and smiled through my tears. I couldn't tell if I was hurt or happy.

I turned to Justin and stepped back, allowing him full access to move forward. "Go hold your son." His eyes widened and he looked like he was going to faint again. I patted him on the shoulder and moved out of his way.

Keena gave me a small hug. "I'm so sorry, King Tazamunda. I know how long you've wanted a son of your own. You'll get him one day."

I nodded and pulled out of her embrace. "I have to...I have to let my father know. To let the kingdom know that their next king is born." I spoke through tears and I choked on my words.

"Taz.." Queen said and looked over at me. I couldn't do it. I backed away from everyone slowly until I was out the door. "I'm sorry, my love. I can't...I can't do this." I mouthed to her, shut the double doors, and walked towards the balcony where the people waited to be told if the king was born.
***
"Can I hold him?" I asked and she nodded. "Yes, you can hold your son. He looks just like you, you know?"

I nodded and looked down at him. He was a spitting image of me. No if, ands, or buts about it. His little hand held on to my finger and I smiled. "Hey little guy, I'm your dad.." I whispered and kissed his little cheeks. He was perfect. I looked around for Taz but he was no where to be found.

"Where's the king?"

Everyone looked around, clearly trying to avoid the question.

"Where is the king." I demanded this time and Sara spoke up first. "He went to tell the people that the king is born."

The king. Not "my son is born."
But "the king is born."

"Is he alright?" I asked and she shrugged. "I'll go check on him."

The king cried in my arms and I lightly shook him. "It's okay, my son. I'm here."
***
"Ready, my son?" My father asked me. I nodded and rose from my chair at the mirror. "As ready as I'll ever be. Let's just get this over with."

He patted me on the back. "I'm sorry, Tazamunda. You'll get your chance someday to have one of your own."

"He...he gets two. The only thing I've wanted my entire life...and he gets two of them. Keena is pregnant as well." I untied my hair and my father placed the crown on my head.

"My son, you are far too emotional right now. Get over it immediately and run your kingdom before he takes your title as well." He snapped and walked out in front of me. My blood was boiling. Bad enough I didn't have my son, but my father threatened to give him my title too.

"Out of my way." I demanded him and the guards and opened the doors myself to the balcony. I stood there for a few moments while everyone screamed and cheered.

"People of Egypt, your pharaoh is born."

I looked out at all of the people celebrating and walked up to my throne. I sat down, leaned back, and took in all of their happiness. There were so many questions that I couldn't answer. It angered and pained me at the same time.

"Where is he?"
"What's his name?"
"When will he be shown to us?" Were the ones that got me the most.

Those were questions for the father, not me.