8

"Another one!" Justin yelled to the bartender, who happily nodded and started to pour him another beer. We've been here for hours and Justin has been drinking nonstop for those hours. I've only had one beer and a couple of shots.

"Taz, man," He said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "You....you gotta try this one.....It tastes like...lemons." His words were slurred and he spoke slowly. I knew he would crash sooner or later.

"No, I'm okay. You just enjoy them while we can."

The bartender walked over to me with a smirk on his face. "He your brother?"

I shook my head no and we both looked over at Justin drowning down a couple of shots after his beer. "No."

"Oh, I heard your friend here was apart of the royal family. Some people are outside of the bar trying to get in but I made sure that there was security all around the building when he came in. How do you know him and the royals?"

I grinned and tried to contain my laughter. "Oh, um, my father is one of the king's guards so we see each other from time to time."

The man's eyes widened. "Woah, dude. I wish I were that lucky. I haven't even seen the king close up before because the people around the east side of the palace aren't allowed anywhere near it."

This was something I wasn't aware of.

"Do you have any idea why?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"All I know is that my father told us at a very young age that the royal family doesn't approve of the people on the eastern side of the kingdom because long ago the king's father was almost killed over here. They weren't very fond of him back then so he banned us from ever coming up there."

I was shocked. My father told me that the easterners didn't come anywhere near us because they didn't have the resources to get there.

"That's insane. I'm sure the king has no idea."

The man shook his head again. "If you asked me, the king doesn't know anything that goes on in his palace. He just holds a title. What little control that he has is always questioned."

I just sat there running my finger's along the side of the glass.

He continued. "If I were king, everyone would be under my control. At all times."

Justin slid down to the bar stool beside me and patted me on the back. "Tazamunda you are a party pooper. You've only had one drink my dear cousin and that is just sad."

The bartender eyed me long and hard before gasping loudly and backing away from me. "It's you!"

I turned and looked at Justin, who had his hand over his mouth and was giggling like a little girl. He gave me an innocent shrug as the man still stared at me.

"Your highness, please, I'm sorry! I didn't k-know it was you a-and..." He got down on his knees in front of me.

"Stand." I told him and he did so. "You're alright. I didn't take any of it to heart. In fact, you were absolutely right. What's your name?"

He looked at me. "Dominic."

I nodded my head and shook his hand. "Thank you, Dominic. We will meet again." He shook my hand back and bowed before me. I gave him a reassuring smile and turned back to Justin.

"Let's go."

He groaned but stood up anyways. "We were just getting started though!" Justin stood up, turned around, and ran right into a woman carrying fruits and vegetables in a basket.