20

"So let me get this straight-" I said and everyone that sat at the table looked at me. At the head of the table was Taz. His queen was to his left and I was to his right. His father and mother were both beside Queen and my parents sat beside me. "If Tazamunda fails to do his job as king or something happens to him, the title goes to me?"

They all nodded. "That is correct, son. Until the baby turns 18." My father, Justinen, said. "You would take the title of King. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to marry Queen, it just means that you have the title. You would be free to find your own queen."

"I understand."

Taz nodded his head and rose from his chair. "Excellent, now let's celebrate."

Everyone looked pretty content but I was still on edge. Me a prince? And maybe someday a king? I couldn't handle all of that power by myself.

"Taz, may I have a moment with you alone?" I asked and he nodded. Everyone else did as well and left the room.

"How come you didn't make one of your actual brothers Prince? They're in your actual bloodline and..."

"So are you, Justin. You're my family as well and I want you to be Prince. There's no doubt in my mind that you couldn't do it. You saved the easterners from being killed. You did that, not me. I just enforced the law but you came and got me that morning to come with you. You did. That's when I knew that I made the right decision to make you Prince. Us running a kingdom together? Please. They ain't ready for it, Prince Justin."

I laughed and we hugged. "Stop trying to sound like me."
***
"It's weird you know." Keena said as I placed a tiara on her head. I looked down at her and gave a smile of content. She looked absolutely gorgeous.

"What's weird?"

"Me being a princess. I never thought in a million years that I would be important to somebody. Let alone a whole kingdom of people. This is all so new to me. What do I say? What do I do? Will they accept me? I'm a few inches taller than the Prince, will they not like me because of that?"

I silenced her with my laughs.

"What's so funny?" She raised her eyebrow and stood up.

"Nothing, you just sound a lot like somebody I used to know back in the day." I was speaking of myself and I'm sure she knew it too because she smiled and hugged me tightly until we heard someone clear their throat.

"Need any help, Princess?" Victoria asked and smiled at the both of us. "Since you'll be living here from now on I should probably start changing the way I've been acting towards you two. Especially you." She said and turned to me. "You're my sister and I never should've went off on you like that. I was just upset because I thought you were going to give up on Taz and that's not what I wanted at all. I just wanted you to be honest with me but I didn't have to handle it like that, I said some pretty mean things and for that I'm sorry." She took my hands in hers and I smiled.

"It's alright, I understand where you were coming from. I missed you so much." We hugged and I felt another pair of arms join in as well. Keena.

"What? May as well be a group thing now since.."

"Oh girl get in here." I said and pulled her in the middle as Victoria and I hugged again.

"Aw look at them. Aren't they just the cutest things ever?" Justin said with a smile on his face and Taz nodded. "Just beautiful."

I walked over to Taz and took his hand in mine. "Ready to celebrate with our people, my love?" He asked and led me out towards the balcony's doors. "Ready."

Ok so there's going to be a time jump from the next chapter on out. I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far and thank you so much for reading 💕