"Victoria, where is my husband?" I asked my sister in law, who was sprawled out on my bed playing with her hair. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Probably out somewhere with our cousin one last time before he goes off to war. Odd isn't it?" She sat up and looked me in the eyes. She looked upset.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. Vickie shrugged and slid on her slippers.

"Yeah, I guess. We're pretty close right? Like we tell each other everything?"

I nodded my head and walked over to the bed where she was. She just looked down at her hands. I could tell that something was bothering her or she was holding back information from me.

"What is it?"

"Taz...Taz..."

She shut her mouth up quick and jumped off of the bed. "I'm sorry I can't do this. He's my brother and he would kill me if I told you what he knew."

Oh shit, I thought to myself.

"What does he know? What hasn't he been telling me, Victoria?"

She covered her eyes with her hands and let out a heavy sigh. "It's not what he didn't tell you. It's what you didn't tell him. He's planning on killing Justin tonight after he gets him drunk at the bar that they went to together. Taz snuck out with him after he put on a disguise so that people would think a regular person killed him in the town and to make it seem like Taz was in the palace the entire time or out training with the army general. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before...but Taz knows everything. And he's pissed."

It felt like my heart was at my feet and everything just shattered around me. I couldn't think straight, let alone form words. I couldn't let Taz kill Justin.

"Victoria, hand me my jacket. We have to go."

She shook her head no and frowned. "I'm not allowed to let you leave the palace, I'm sorry. The king gave everyone strict instructions before he left today that no one is allowed to let you leave until he returns home."

Great, everyone knows what a cheater and liar I am.

"Vicki...I.."

She walked over to the double doors and locked them from the outside. Then she shut the door, leaving me alone in here. "I'm so sorry about this, sis.." She sniffled and I heard her tiny footsteps walk away from the door.

"Damnit!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and threw my hairbrush against the mirror.
I was officially screwed.