24

Two weeks later
"What is the matter, my queen?" Victoria asked and stood beside me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I could feel that something was wrong and I didn't like it. Taz wasn't back from war yet and it worried me. Shika bounced up and down on my lap and giggled when Victoria tickled her sides.

"I have a bad feeling, Vicki. A very bad feeling that just won't go away..."

"How long have you had this feeling? Since the war started?"

I nodded my head and shut my eyes, trying to think of the good outcomes of all of this but I couldn't find any. "Yes. I just want Taz to come home. They'll try their best to get rid of him first because he's the king and they've been trying to get back at his father for years. What better way to do it then go for the king-"

I stopped talking when I heard screams coming from inside of the palace. Victoria and I ran back inside to see a blood bath. All of the guards that had been guarding the doors were dead. It was a bloody mess. In the middle of the people was Keena and her siblings. I gasped and covered my hand with my mouth. Tears immediately started falling and I tried my best not to scream.

"Victoria..take her..take her!" I yelled for her to get Mashika and she did. They ran off towards the main entrance and I walked up closer to the dead bodies. Every last one of them died from the same knife. Killed in the same place. All a bloody massacre.

On the side of all of the bodies was a white sheet and a piece of paper on it that read "Your dynasty ends." My hand trembled as I pulled back the covering and revealed my newborn son. I screamed and cried at the top of my lungs and fell over beside him. I held him close to my chest as Victoria came back in. "My baby...my baby..." I whispered and rocked the child back and forth.

Vicki reached out and touched my shoulders, wrapping her arms around me. We cried together.
***
"Tazamunda." King Kulani said and turned to face me. He threw his weapon down to the ground. "I've been expecting your father but I guess you will do since you're the king now."

"I have been the king since the day I was born, Kulani. What do your people want with my people?"

He chuckled and ran his hands through his hair. "Your people have been disrespecting mine for as long as I can remember. Your great grandfather stole the throne from mine and that's what started this whole war between the royals and my family. No one respected us so we had to earn it the only way we knew how. When my father died and left me his village, there was only one thing he wanted to happen the most out of everything."

I reached for my sword. "What was that?"

From the corner of my eye, I would see Justin on the balcony window waiting for my command to come in. I nodded towards him and he slid through the cracks.

"For me to execute your father's bloodline. And I would have if your family had been in the palace when I executed the rest of them."

I was confused. "W-what do you mean executed the rest of them?!"

He laughed and tapped his hand on his leg. "Your palace was broke into by my people a few hours ago. Everyone was killed. No exceptions."

Justin and I shared glanced. The urge to fight back tears became harder and harder. Justin walked up behind Kulani with a face of stone. He felt the same way I felt.

"My wife?"

"Her and your sister were the only survivors. The foreign baby child as well because they were all on the balcony. They would've been executed too had they been inside."

I let out a sigh of relief and Justin shook his head, tears falling down his face.

"The boy king?"

"Dead. Your dynasty ends with you." He pulled out a sword and charged at me at the same time Justin pulled him back towards him and turned him around. "You killed my family." He spat in his face and shook him endlessly. "Now you die. You will suffer a painful and slow death. No exceptions."

Justin raised the knife in the air and looked at me. "I know this is your fight but-"

I gave him a nod and put away my sword. "This is your fight now as well. He brought you in it when he killed your children. Your wife. Your family. Do it for them."

His hand flew down and he stabbed him in the chest. Once, twice, three times. I lost count after awhile. Justin sat there and continued to him long after he was dead. He cried and never let go of his weapon.

"Justin.."

"No!! No!" He yelled and continued to stab Kulani's lifeless body. "He killed my family!! My son was going to be king!!" He stabbed him harder and harder. I grabbed Justin's shoulders and pulled him into me with such force that we both fell backwards. He threw down the knife and raised his hands to his face. "They're gone...dead.."

He began crying again and was shaking in my arms. I held him close to me as he let it all out. "My babies..."