28

"It's about time, what took you so long?" I asked. He just shrugged and walked up behind me with a straight face. It was clear that he didn't want to show any emotion right now so I just kept my thoughts to myself.

"Can...can you come in with me?" We stood outside of the doors where the bodies laid before they were buried. I nodded and opened the door slowly. The room was cold and bright, the total opposite of what I thought it would've been. I've only been in this room once and that was for my grandfather.

Bodies were everywhere, all clean and free of any blood. On the far left of the room were some of my guards and generals. On the right was Keena and her family and in the middle was the king. Laid in a glass box all by himself. That was when Justin lost it. He covered his eyes and let out a couple of whimpers. I pulled him by his arm and lead him over to Keena first, I was sure it would be easier on him to see her first and then go to his son.

Justin pulled the white cover back and unveiled Keena's lifeless body. She was dressed in her favorite gown and her hair was straight. Her face looked like she was at peace. "My baby..." He cried and laid on her chest. "I'm sorry, Keena! I'm sorry..." I watched closely and waited for him to get all of it out. His hands trailed up her arms and went up to her hair now. He ran his fingers through it one last time and kissed her forehead. "We will meet again someday, my princess."

After he covered her back up, he walked over to the glass case and just stood there. The baby looked at peace as well. He was wrapped up in golden cloth and had a tiny crown on his head. He was to be buried with all of his birth items and I made it my duty to have a special crown be made for him. Justin turned to me. "You...you did this?" I nodded.

"I just thought he should have a chance to at least wear his crown." He let out a small cry and ran his hands over the box.

"He's put in there because he's too small to be put in a tomb and it isn't ready for him just yet. They hadn't even started to make his but...I thought he should have at least some type of privilege."

"What do you mean?" 

"That box is worth a quarter of a million dollars. Look on the side."

He trailed his hands over to the side of the box and gasped. "You did not, Tazamunda."

I grinned. "Oh but I did."

On the side of the box, in black cursive writing were the words, "King Drew, son of Prince Justin. The baby king."

He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight embrace. "Thank you. So much."

We heard tiny footsteps coming inside, making both of us turn around. Queen sighed and walked up to her son's box. "He's so beautiful." She rubbed her hands over it as she looked down on him. "He would've made a fine king."

Justin looked at me as if he was asking for permission. I nodded and he walked over to her, putting his arms around her. "Yes he was very beautiful. How do you know he would've made a fine king though?"

She turned around and looked at me with a smile. "I don't know, something tells me that he would've been trained properly and would've  had everyone's upmost respect. Just like someone I know."

Justin turned around as well. "No, I feel like he would've turned out a royal fuck up. Right, Tazamunda?"

I shook my head and hopped over to the door with my crutches. "I don't have to take this from you, this is my palace." Justin laughed and followed me out. "Yes you do. I'm never letting you die this down. You'll always be a royal fuck up to me, family."

He was on a roll. I tried to hop away from him but he caught up to me each time. "Justin, you know you're like an annoying fly? You stay and buzz around for awhile but you never go away." He rolled his eyes and sucked on his teeth.

"Why thank you."

I was more confused now because his whole facial expression changed. "For what, Prince Justin?"

We walked towards the main palace entrance and he stayed silent until we got on the carriage to go to the bar. "For never pushing me away."