19

"I can't believe they're gone.." She sniffled into my chest and I held her tighter. We were laying in my bed and I was trying my best to help her feel better but something tells me it'll take a lot more than that to help her get over the lost of her loved ones.

"I know, but you have us here with you now. Your siblings will be taken care of and so will you. That's why we were gone for so long. Taz made it okay for the easterners to live over here with us in the kingdom so there's no boundaries anymore. They can come and go as they please and they're even welcome to move over here anytime they want."

"H-He did that?" She asked and looked up to he. Her eyes were a simple dark brown but they were big and easy to get lost in. I just nodded. "I can't believe this...it's too much. He didn't have to do that."

"Yes, he did. He had no idea that the enemies were after his people and he also didn't know that they weren't allowed over here. So he changed that right away." I trailed my hand down her back and she shivered a bit.

Keena grabbed the covers and pulled them over her shoulders so that her head was the only thing showing. "Your bed is so comfortable. Thank you."

I just nodded and ran my fingers through her braids. "No thank you for cleaning in here. This is the first time in years that I've seen my floor."

She let out a little laugh. "Hold me tighter."

I did just that and had no intentions of letting her go either.

Minutes later there was a knock on the door and I groaned. "Come on!" I screamed and I heard a chuckle from outside of the door.

"Come in, Taz!"

He opened the door and covered his eyes immediately. "Just tell me one thing-"

"What now?"

"Do you have on clothes? We have business to discuss."

I sighed and shook my head. "No but I can put on some."

Taz looked from me to Keena and then back at me with a grin on his face. I hate him so much.
"Oh, was I interrupting something?"

"Not anymore. What do we have to discuss?"

Taz held something behind his back and he was still grinning. "Something that I've been wanting to give you since we were younger."
He pulled out a golden crown from behind his back and chucked it to me. It landed right in my lap and I slowly picked it up.

"W-what's this?"

"You tell me, Prince Justin."