27

Taz walked into my bedroom on crutches. This was the first time in a long time that I've seen him in regular clothes. He wore a plain white tshirt, black joggers, and white high top nikes. Me on the other hand was still in pajamas. I never even moved from this spot in the bed.

"How're you?" He hopped over to my bed and jumped on it. I scooted over a bit for him and he laid down beside me. I gave him a confused look and scooted over some more. "Taz, man, I love you but you're a little too close and all right now. I'm okay. I should be asking you how you are since you're the one with a broken ankle."

He smiled and sat back up. "I'm good. I came to see if you needed anything because you've literally been in this bed for two days now. The curtains haven't been pulled back either."

I just sighed and played with one of Keena's necklaces. "You know I haven't been to see the bodies yet? I've been right here in this one spot for days trying to block out everything that's happening. I even made up this crazy scenario in my head where they just went to the market or something and they'll be back or she went to visit her people on the eastern side but she's not coming back, Taz. They're not coming back...." Tears fell and I didn't even bother to try and wipe them.

He just looked at me and nodded. "I noticed. I didn't want anybody to go visit them until you did so I banned everyone from going in there. Including myself."

I whispered a thank you and grabbed one of the pillows to put over my head. "Taz, put me out of my misery. Go ahead and suffocate me, I don't mind. Do it."

He snatched it out of my hand and hit me with it. I sat up quickly and glared at him. "What did you do that for?! How was that supposed to kill me?!"

"That's for telling me to kill you. I'm not going to kill you. Trust me, if you would've told me to months ago I would have but I refuse to now."

I laid back down and he shook his head. "No, sit up. Get dressed."

"Why? I have no reason to get dressed."

"Justin, your room is pitch black and you haven't eaten in three days. How have you even been holding your bladder? Do you piss on yourself in bed? Get your ass up and follow me downstairs. When we get down there, we are going to see your wife. Then we'll go see your son. Together. After that, we can go to that bar that you like and drink a couple of drinks. Have guy time."

I just stared at him and he hit me with the pillow again. "I swear if you don't get out of this bed. I know it'll be hard but you have me there with you. You'll come into realization after you see them and then your mind will be at ease. Trust me on this."

"I would...but my legs are stiff."

He frowned and reached over to pull the covers back. "Would you like me to do what I do for my queen when she's stiff?"

I jumped up out of bed then and backed away from him. "Woah there! No! Hell no!"

He smiled and stood up as well. "Great. Now get dressed. I'll be waiting."