Chapter Twenty Six

The next day Josh drove me home early, I needed to shower and change out of my clothes. I was still wearing Noah's and I no longer felt confortable in them. So, I went home and cleaned myself up. I washed my hair and body before changing into tight black joggers and a baggy white t-shirt. Everyone was still asleep in the house as it was around half seven, so I was able to leave without anyone asking me questions or wanting to talk to me; I was not in the mood tohave a conversation about what had happened at the hospital.

Before leaving I left a note on the side telling my mum that I was staying with Josh for a few days and that I would be back in a week to get ready for going back to school. I didn't want to return to school and I knew that the school would allow me more time off but I was worried about my grades. Exams were coming up and if I missed anymore lessons I was sure to fail them.

I grabbed anything I may need and headed back to Josh's car, which was parked in my drive way.

"Everything okay?" He asked as he put his seatbelt back on. I nodded and he started the engine again. Pulling out of the driveway he turned the radio on, letting me know that I didn't have to talk to him if I didn't want to. But I did, so I turned the radio down.

"I'm going back to school next week." I stated. Josh had alwaysbeen a person I could rely on without things turning out sour. Josh was the only person I would talk to when I felt low, when I didn't really want to talk to other people. Even though he didn't like the idea of my going back to school this early he nodded and told me he understood. "I'm going to fail my exams if I don't, you know that I would rather stay at home than go back but I have to. I will be fine."

"He's going to be there. He'll try and talk to you and because he is a teacher, you'll be forced to talk to him." He kept his eyes on the road whilst he said this but occasionally he would glance over to check that I was listening to what he was saying.

"Then I will remind him about what I said in the letter, he can't force me to stay, no one can. I will be fine, trust me Josh."

"I do trust you, it's him I don't trust." I reached over and took his hand in mine. He nodded and for the rest of the ride we sat in silence. I stared out the window and thought about what would actually happen when I went back to school. Would he ignore me? Would he act like a teacher is supposed to? Or would he confront me and make me wonder if I should leave or not? I would never get the anwsers to these questions until I got back.

I hoped he woldn't hate me and I hoped that he would understand why I did what I did. Maybe we could be friends, or just student and teacher. I wished I knew what to expect because everthing would be so much easier.

But life isn't that easy, right?