Chapter Thirty

Jack's mother must have been staring out the window, waiting for me to arrive because as soon as I took my first steps towards the house, the front door was thrown open and Jack's mother came walking out. Her arms were already outstretched and from the look on her face, I knew she was ready to sqeeze the life out of me and this made me want to turn around and run for my life. However, I knew I couldn't do this, so I just turned and indicted that now was the time for Josh to leave, which he did with a worried expression on his face.

It still confuses me as to how quickly and easily Jack's mum accepted me into hers and her husbands life. I had only met her once before Jack was took into the hospital and even then it was for a brief second. In all honesty, I thought she was going to hate me for what I have done. So it was a shock to find out that she treated me like a daughter, she reminded me of Molly Weasly, in the way that she accepted strangers into her life and cared for them like they were her own. From what Jack had told me, there is even a photo of Dan and Jack in the hallway with all the family photos.

As she got closer I noticed how sad she looked. Her eyes were red and you could see where the tears had fallen. Under her eyes she had dark bags, which told me that she hadn't been sleeping. Though she was smiling as she came towards me, the smile did not reach her eyes, it was all for show.

Soon enough she reached me and crashed into me, instantly wrapping her arms around me and taking the breathe out of me. She stayed with her arms around me for awhile and I didn't know what else to do except awkwardly pat her back.

I guess she took this as a hint because she released me and then dragged me into the house.

"Hello Aremor." It was Jack's dad, he was sitting in a battered and torn armchair, reading a newspaper. He too had large bags under his eyes from lack of sleep.

"Hello, shall I just go upstairs and start?" They both nodded and Jacks mother showed me to Jack's room before leaving me alone. His room looked exactly like what I imagined it to look like. One of his walls was filled with posters advertising musicals such as, the phantom of the opera and little shop of horrors. Another wall was full of photos from when he had been performing, as well as some others of his friends. I looked closely at each photo, smiling as I did.
Right in the centre of the wall was a photo that wiped the smile off my face. It was a photo of me and him as well as Annie and Dan. I remember the day we took it. Bored, we had all met up and walked around a park that we had found. The sun had been so bright and it was just a lovely day, what I would give to go back to that day. I took it down and placed it in a box that I had brought to put some of his things in.

I took my time looking through everything, his parent's encouraged me to take anything that I wanted. I think they were trying to get rid of some of the pain they felt by giving Jack's things away. In the end I had chosen only a small amount of his things. I took one of his jackets, knowing it would be big enough to hide in. There was a ring of his that sat on his bedside table, I remember him wearing it when we went to the cinema for our date and I wanted to remember that day, so I slid it onto my index finger.

Lastly before leaving, I went over to his desk. I don't know why, something drew me to the desk. Sitting in the middle was a letter that had my name on it in black, formal writing. The paper had obviously been torn out of his notebook. Slowly I sat down and unfolded the paper.

What was writted inside made me catch my breathe.