Chapter 18

Haley's POV

Things couldn't be more awkward between me, Ross and my brother. Well, not really between me and Ross, but between us  and Ellington. Anyway, as I said it was really awkward. We were moving out of the house today, I guess I wasn't really affected until now. I didn't cry, but I wanted to. I've had so many memories in here, and it's just odd to leave, especially after my mum's death. It's going to be really hard, maybe harder than I expected.

"Cheer up!" Rocky said to me while eating a toast. I gave him a weak smile and sighed. I opened my mouth to say something, but I heard the door slammed open and some unknown people entered the house. "Well kids, here it is!" A man's deep voice spoke with laughter. Rocky's chair and mine scrapped across the wooden floor and barged out of the door staring in disbelieve.

"Oh, it looks like the old people are still here..." A family with what looks like a mum, dad, two teenagers with an irregular girl who was standing there, blushing furiously. "Whatever, I'm going to find my room." The youngest girl who had terribly eyebrows (they were drawn) walked upstairs. She was like 13?

"Um, excuse me, we're not ready to leave yet. You were supposed to come in the next 2 hours!" I awkwardly said. All of them were looking at me apart from that girl at the back. She seemed nice. Was she? I don't know. She looked like she didn't fit this family at all!

I mean, all the family member's hair was black, while on the other hand she was blonde and had a baby face, but something seemed familiar about her, but I couldn't remember it. 

"Oh dad, we are so stupid!" the blonde girl's voice sounded fake and it was also familiar...who is this girl?

The next thing I knew, was that the woman who was wearing a red outfit started screaming at the blonde girl. "Caitlyn! It isn't your fault, it's these things! Just go find your room and you too Fred!" 

Caitlyn! Ellington's  ex-girlfriend!? HOLY SHIT!!!

I started breathing heavily and tried to make sure Ellington didn't see her. What's she doing in here! This is just going to break Ell. Even though my relationship with him wasn't the best at the moment, but still I didn't wanted to see him hurt again. The text... Elington is still talking to her. Why? I remembered that text followed by the argument we had.

'CAITLYN'S CHANGED'

His words came through my mind. Sure, she has changed... her physical appearance, but not her personality. She is so FAKE!

"Things?" Rocky stepped forward. "Sorry, but who are you?" the man obviously "standing up" for his wife or whoever.  "We live here!" I exclaimed. 

"Well, not anymore! So, I expect you to leave!" the man stepped closer and grabbed my arm.Who does he think he is?

"Don't touch her!" A voice said behind us. I took his hand away from my arm and turned around to see...Ross? He looked different, I mean...wow! He always looked amazing, but today it was just... wow!

He was wearing black skinny jeans, with a black top maked his toned body visible a little, he was also wearing a leather jacket, and he had a piercing. That made him look more attractive, oh and I noticed he was smoking.

Smoking? Piercing? I had to admit, he looked very attractive, but what happened to the cute little Ross?

"R-ross?" I stuttered and saw Rocky stare in desbelieve at his brother, screaming for Ellington, Rydel and Riker to come down. "Disgusting." the woman said. "The house is going to smell like cigarettes, and who knows what else!" she exclaimed.

Ross let out a low laugh, making my heart beat faster, he dropped the fag and stepped on it. "Enjoy the house." he smirked, took my hand and I quickly dragged him upstairs wondering what was going on.

"What the hell is this!" I let out a nervous chuckle.

"You love it." he smirked and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. I did liked this, but I like Ross for who he is and now... what happened? "Get off me!" I pushed him off. He smiled and started acting cocky again. He's reminding me of Kevin.

"I knew all you guys were the same! You're just like my ex. Assholes!" Confidence hit me as I watched Ross' smile fade and his eyes were sad.

"Wait!" he grabbed my arm but I continued walking to my room. The least thing I expected was Caitlyn to be in my room... with Ellington KISSING!

I felt a tear falling down my cheek. I leaned against my door, Ross stood there, and I let out a sob. "Haley, please!"

"Get away from me!" I screamed and ran to the only free place... the bathroom.

Why has EVERYTHING bad had to happen in my life?