Chapter 22

Haley's POV

"What the hell?" I murmured as I noticed one of my favorite pics was gone. It was one with me and a group of friends, that included Rose and Kevin. I don't know why I kept it, it just held so many memories especially from the ones with my "real" friends.

The last time I saw it was when the guys were here this morning to pick me up for bungee jumping. That was 9 hours ago. I felt myself starting to panic, that was my favorite pic! It might not mean much but as well as my real friends in... it's the only picture with Kevin I have left as well. I know it's wrong to keep it but I can't help it. I miss him... and seeing that picture, I just don't know.

I decided I would go ask the guys if they had seen it. Once I knocked Ross answered. "Hey." he gulped. "Hey Ross, um... is anybody else in?" I asked. "Nope, it's just me, do you need anything?" he smiled.

"Yeah... I lost this picture... of me and a group of my friends. I was wondering if any of you had seen it." I looked up at Ross, his eyes widened before he cleared his throat and didn't make eye contact with me. "O-oh that one... um with your ex-boyfriend in it?" stuttered leaving me more and more suspicious.

"Yeah, that one." I narrowed my eyes together slightly. "Have you seen it?" I asked. "N-no why, I-i mean, I haven't seen it, y-you better go, I have to um...." before he finished the sentence he started closing the door and I knew he had something to do with it.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"I'm not nervous!" 

"Yes you are, you keep stuttering Ross, look if you have seen it please tell me."

"Why does it means so much to you? All it is, is you and your cheating ex kissing in the middle of a load of people." 

"Well Ross maybe that's because they're my friends." I paused for a moment. "Have you seen it?"

"Yes I have! Okay Haley, I have the picture, but you-"

"You stole it from me!" I exclaimed. 

"No! No!"

"Then why you have it?" I hissed.

"Haley! Look-" he paused for a little. " All that picture is going to do is remind you of your ex, it's like you want to see him all the time." he finished talking as I stayed quiet.

"You still like that idiot, don't you?" As Ross' words spilled out I suddenly felt very angry.

"Just give me the picture."

"You don't need it." he hissed. "Just give me the picture." I repeated myself.

"No." he folded his arms. "Ross! That picture means so much to me, why can't you just give it?" I felt like crying.

"Haley, you need to move on, forget him, you deserve someone else." 

He opened his mouth again to speak before taking my hands. My head hung low as I felt sobs coming my way.

"If I could give you the picture I would... but I can't." His voice was a whisper and I looked at him.

"Why? What happened to it?"I asked.

He didn't reply to me, just stared at his feet. "Ross, what you've done with it?"

"Burnt it." he mumbled and I pushed his hand off mine. "You what!?" I was really mad. A single tear fell down my face. "You BURNT it!" 

"Look Haley! I'm so sorry, I got je-"

" I DON'T CARE IF YOU WERE JEALOUS, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TAKE MY THINGS AND BURN THEM!"

" YOU NEED TO MOVE ON FROM HIM! HE'S NOTHING! YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING AND YOU'RE TOO INNOCENT FOR HIM, YOU NEED SOMEONE ELSE! SO MANY PEOPLE WOULD KILL TO BE WITH YOU, AND YOU JUST DON'T SEE THAT! OH AND ALSO ONE OF THOSE PERSONS is me.." his voice engaged me in his hazel eyes. His few last words were so quiet and left me shocked.

He turned around and walked back into the apartment, but I put my foot in the door before he could close it. "Ross." I put my two fingers under his chin and pressed my lips against his. He didn't hesitate to kiss back.  "I can't... I've been such an ass to you... I'm sorry." I was left with my mouth open  and had  that feeling of his lips on mine again.