Chapter One

Percy's POV

I didn't ask for this to happen. It all started when I woke up from a nightmare. But, of course it wasn't a normal nightmare. It was probably the worst nightmare I've had since the giant war. And one nightmare always leads to a thing, which leads to another thing. I'm not gonna tell you those things though. If you want to find out, read on.
-------------------------------------------------------
I was in my apartment with my mom, Paul, and my beautiful girlfriend, Annabeth. We were eating cake to celebrate Annabeth's birthday when the room turned dark.

"Percy!" I heard mom and Annabeth yell.

"Annabeth! Mom!" I answered. I reached out feeling where Annabeth's hand was. When I found it, the lights turned back on, and what I saw, chilled me to the bone.
My mom was laying on the floor. Dead. There was a puddle of blood underneath her and three slash marks on her abdomen. I started running to her-

I woke up panting in the Poseidon cabin. I jumped out of bed and ran to the Athena cabin and knocked.

"Percy? What's wrong?" Annabeth asked as she opened the door.

I showed her my bag of ambrosia and nectar. "I need to get home. Now. " I replied. "I had this dream... My mom died. Something's wrong Annabeth. I need to get home to my mom." I fingered riptide.

"I'm coming with you." Annabeth slammed the cabin door and rushed to get ready.

I sat on the steps and waited for Annabeth which seemed like hours even though it was probably only five minutes. Annabeth opened the door and stepped outside. I grabbed her hand and we ran to the big house. "Chiron! Chiron!" I yelled. Chiron came out in his wheelchair looking disheveled.

"Percy? What's wrong and what are you doing up at this time?"

"Percy had a dream Chiron. He says that he needs to go home to check on his mom." Annabeth answered Chiron.

"Tell me about this dream Percy. I need to know whether or not it's important enough to let you guys out at three in the morning out of the camp borders." Chiron told me.

"I can't Chiron. Something has happened. I need to get to my mom." I shot back at him.

"Very well, I trust you. You and Annabeth may go." Annabeth and I ran to Thalia's tree and down the hill. I whistled for Blackjack anad after a few minutes, he swooped down and picked me and Annabeth up. When we got to my apartment, the door was laying diagonal in the doorway and the light was flickering.

I looked at Annabeth and saw that her face was white as a sheet. I probably looked just as bad. I removed the door from the doorway and walked into the living room. It looked just like my dream. My mom was on the floor with claw marks on her chest and Paul was sitting next to her holding her hand. "MOM!" I yelled. I ran over to where my mom and Paul were and sat down beside them.

She was as white as flour and her brown, starting to turn gray, hair was matted against her neck and forehead. Her eyes were dull and I had to look away. I couldn't bear looking into them without their usual sparkle. I started to sob as I picked up my moms limp body and hugged it. I screamed and let out all my sorrow and grief out.

"Percy. Come on. We have to go tell Chiron." Annabeth grabbed my arm. I numbly got up and walked out the door with Annabeth and Paul. Annabeth led us to the street and started to cross it with us behind her. Then all of a sudden a car came out of no where and started speeding up towards Annabeth. Paul pushed Annabeth out of the way and instead of Annabeth getting hit, Paul got hit. He collapsed to the ground and didn't move.

I fell to the ground next to him after car swerved away. "Paul!" I screamed. "Paul. Don't leave me. I need you."

"Percy. Don't blame yourself for this. It wasn't your f-fault. Look ....after Annabeth.. I love you."

As he died, I looked to my left and saw Annabeth laying limp on the ground. I got up and checked her pulse. She was still breathing, just knocked out. I poked her up and started walking in the direction camp was in.

Yo boss. You need a ride?

He must've heard the car. "Sure Blackjack." I climbed on the dark Pegasus and we flew to camp. I climbed off once we arrived and took Annabeth to the infirmary.

"Hey Percy." Will said. Will is a son of Apollo, and it must've been his day to work in the infirmary. When I didn't answer back, he turned around and froze. I must have looked terrible with my puffy eyes and a limp, Annabeth in my arms.

"Holy Hera, what happened?"

"I need to talk to Chiron. Now."

Will grabbed Annabeth and set her on a mattress. "He's in the big house."

"Thanks Will." I replied. I left the infirmary and ran to the big house. "Chiron!" I yelled. Chiron came rolling down the hallway towards where I was. When he saw me he developed a look of worry for his favorite student.

"Percy? What happened?"

I relayed what happened when I went to go check up on my mom. And Paul. After I finished, I looked at the floor not able to look him in the eyes. "Percy... What happened... What not your fault. You weren't able to get there in time and that's understandable. And when Paul died, that wasn't your fault either. Stop blaming yourself."

I looked at him and saw him smiling a little. Just then, a phone rang. Chiron and I froze. I knew camp had a phone for emergencies but I've never heard it ring or actually seen it. Who's calling?

Chiron rolled over to a table and picked up the phone. "Hello?" He spoke into the phone.

"Hello. Is this Mr. Chiron Brunner?"

"Yes. Whom am I speaking with?"

"My name is John. I'm from the social services company in Manhattan. We were recently informed that Sally Jackson-Blofis and Paul Blofis have recently passed. We offer out condolences and are to inform you that since Perseus Jackson is not yet 18, he has to live with somebody. You are Perseus' Jackson's mentor yes?"

"Yes. I am. What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that Perseus has an Aunt and she has agreed to take him in." John replied.

Chiron looked at me in disbelief and spoke. "Thank you John. I will tell Percy and let him know. Where shall he meet her?"

"At Central Park around 5:00. Don't be late." Then he hung up.

Chiron looked at me and said "Percy. You have an aunt, and you're meeting her tomorrow."

Hey everybody!! Readingrose2000 here. So, this is the end of the first chapter!! I hope you guys liked it. This story is a co-writer story. I'm writing this with Samigirl101 and we will be alternating chapters. Please vote, and comment!!!