Chapter 15

3rd POV

The Avengers plus one were sitting in the living room after having a pizza dinner. It was awkwardly silent, and no one knew how to start the conversation back up.

Some eyes were randomly darting around the room, waiting for a cue or some idea of what to say. Percy decided he'd had enough of this silence.

"Okay," Percy began. All heads turned to him. "I know absolutely nothing about you guys so how about you just give me a random idea of what the Avengers do. And Tony isn't allowed to say anything because he'll try to make himself awesome and make everyone else look like nothing."

Tony looked hurt while the others chuckled. "Well," Steve said. "it's kind of like an impromptu super hero group. We originally came together to fight Loki, an Asgardian god, and his army of Chitauri. We succeeded so we just kind of stayed together. Not much else."

"We just sort of show up when the world is in peril. What do you do in your free time?" Clint put in.

The group turned to Percy once more. He thought about it. What did he really do in his free time? He never really did much. "Just hang out with friends, I guess. I'm not exactly a superhero on call or something." More like I'll know if I'm needed because the world splits in two or a city disappears of the map. Happens often enough.

The group accepted his verbal answer and gradually went back to its silence. Percy excused himself and walked to his room for when he and Natasha spent the night at the tower.

When he opened the door, he almost immediately (and loudly, he might add) shut it. For Nico was sitting on his bed, twirling a pencil like he had nothing better to do, glaring at the wall like it was to be blamed for all his troubles.

He heard the door and his head swung over to view Percy at the door. Nico got up from the bed, and Percy entered the room.

They stood in silence.

Great. Percy thought. More awkward silence. Then he mentally slapped himself. This is Nico, for crying out loud! Your cousin from the 1920s! Just talk to him like you know him! Because you do.

"Annabeth told me you'd be checking in," Percy said.

"Yeah," Nico replied dully. "Chiron asked me to babysit you, so of course I had no choice."

"No choice?"

"Have you ever said 'no' to Chiron? It's like telling a skeleton that he doesn't have a heart, so he's more like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz than the lion. Impossible without feeling guilty or them being stubborn."

Percy just nodded at Nico's way of showing his views. He already knew they were different than normal peoples'. But then again, what is 'normal' anyway?

"So are you going to tell Chiron I'm fine now?"

"No. I think I'll crash here for the night. I'm exhausted. And my doctor said only one shadow travel a day, unless it's urgent."

Percy internally groaned. Curse you Will Solace.

Hey guys!

We're sorry it's so late but our lives are crazy right now! Hopefully we'll be able to keep to the schedule, but then again, how many times have we said that?

You said you wanted a question at the end so here's one!

What is your favorite series of all time?

Any book, any author. Give it a whirl!

We love you guys!

Hannah & Sam