Chapter 6

Percy's POV

Ding! I looked up as Annabeth steps out of the elevator. She spots me and her eyes light up. She briskly walks over to me and sits down next to me on the couch. "Wise girl." I whisper to her as I grab her hand. I've been away from her for too long.

"Hey Seaweed brain. So, I've been thinking about the threat that is coming and-" She stopped talking. Natasha walked into the room and grabbed her jacket.

"Are we going out or not?"

"Oh, right. Annabeth, um, I scheduled a time with Natasha to hang out. You know, because she's my aunt. Wanna come?"

Annabeth sighed and muttered something that sounded suspiciously like seaweed brain. "No. I'm good Percy. She's your aunt. I don't want to interrupt your bonding time. Go have fun!!" She smiled.

I looked at Natasha nervously. I don't think I should leave Annabeth here with Tony. Sure, she can totally handle herself. Which is why I'm more worried for Tony than I am for Annabeth. Apparently Natasha got the same message. She smirked.

"It would do good for you to keep Tony in line for me. He's uh...." She didn't finish her line due to a crash sounding from down the hall in Tony's room. I smiled at my girlfriend and pulled Natasha into the elevator.

"I'll be back in an hour."  And the doors closed.

Annabeth's POV

I shook my head. Seaweed brain. I laughed. Another crash resounded from down the hall. I rolled my eyes. Let's see what Tony Stark is up too.

Percy's POV (again)

I closed my eyes and let out a breath. I hate elevators. The doors opened and I stepped out. Natasha followed. "So, where too?" She questioned.

"Let's go to the movies. There's this movie that I've been wanting to see forever!!"

She shrugged. "Okay."

We walked down the sidewalk and hailed a cab. "Movie theater." After a while, I looked out the window and saw Mrs. O Leary bounding down the sidewalk. My eyes widened. Natasha saw my reaction and looked out my window. "Is that a dog?!"

I laughed nervously. "Stop the cab!" The driver slammed on the breaks and we pitched forward. Correction. I pitched forward. Natasha was able to stable herself. I opened the door and ran outside. "Mrs. O Leary!!" I yelled out.

She looked up and saw me. My eyes widened as I realized my mistake. She started to run towards me and I back away quickly. Right into Natasha. We both went tumbling tot he ground as Mrs. O Leary crashed into us. Natasha was able to get out from underneath the giant hellhound. How? I have no idea.

"Percy. What is this thing?!"

"Excuse me. She isn't a thing. Her name is Mrs. O Leary and she's my pet."

"Dog?" She inquired.

"No... Um..." I don't know how I'll get around this one. Apparently she can see through the mist and so that's not gonna help me. And of course, the fates are never on my side. I sighed. There was no way around this.

"I have to tell you something."

Natasha raised an eyebrow.