Chapter 14

3rd POV

Percy climbed up the stairs to the coffee shop. He was meeting Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Leo, and Nico. Reyna had been invited, but she declined saying she needed to be in New Rome.

The group decided to meet up in Munty's Coffee Cafe on the third floor of a building. The ratings were good, and there was little to do with electronics there.

Percy opened the door to the little cafe and walked in. It was a cozy building; light brown walls and candle lit chandeliers on the ceiling. The tables were all made of dark oak wood, and the counter had a rustic feel as well.

Percy smiled. This place gave off such a good vibe. He already loved it. He sat down at a table large enough to hold the seven others who would be coming.

A waitress came over and smiled at him. "What'll it be?"

Percy looked up with a smile. "Just a hot chocolate. There should be seven others coming here soon, too, so don't be overwhelmed."

The waitress laughed. "Don't worry about it. And I'll have that right out for you."

Percy's fingers drummed on the table while he thought. It's been a week since the monster and microphone incident. I can tell some of The Avengers are doubtful of my story, but they think it's too late to ask. That plays well for me, but they can't possibly not ask forever. Something new is going to happen, and I won't be able to convince them twice. At least they know about a summer camp. If I disappear, they'll just guess I'm there.

Percy looked at his watch. He realized he was still ten minutes early. He sighed. There wasn't much he could do but think or talk with the waitress.

Unless he wanted to think about the battle sure to come.

Oh why does everything in Greek Mythology have to exist?! Why can't this have just remained a story? Why did Percy have to go through a literal Hell just to save the world again?

"Hey, Percy!" Piper called out.

Percy looked up. He grew a small, thoughtful smile.

That's why.

Tony sat on his couch, thinking.

He had on his thinking face. His eyebrows were together, yet one eyebrow was raised still. He moved a bit of his lip into his cheek, and his mouth was at a slant. Tony's head was titled, too.

Tony was puzzled.

Percy Jackson.

Obviously, Tony had hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D. and gotten Percy's file. He had been shocked to see what was in it, but he felt there was an unknown factor in all this.

Tony thought back to last week, when Natasha and Percy were attacked by thugs.

At least, according to Percy.

But Natasha was there.

That woman could seduce a man in les than a minute. She could kill with her bare hands in fifty ways.

And she had said the Avengers couldn't fight these things.

Things.

Things.

Natasha never exaggerated. Ever. So why would she say, "Things"?

Unless the thugs weren't thugs, there was no way Natasha couldn't glare them away.

Tony's thinking face left him.

If there was anything Tony Stark was good at (besides drinking, being awesome, and building), it was getting what he wants.

And Tony Stark wanted to know what Percy Jackson was hiding.

Sorry the update is late, guys!

I forgot it was my turn.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this story so far. It's been an amazing road with Readingrose2000 and y'all.

We love you guys so much.

Hannah and Sam