Chapter 12

Percy's POV

I walked through the doors of the tower and onto the elevator after greeting the secretary at the bottom.

I stood on the elevator, lost in thought.

I know Nike is one of the beings we are fighting. And I'm pretty dam (hehe) sure I know who the other female thing is. And I'm also pretty dam (haha) sure that I would rather Nike than who I think it is. Maybe I should talk to Annabeth about it. But I'm not positive on how she would react to it.... Maybe I should bounce it off of Natasha.... She might understand it. But then again, she doesn't know much about my life, so she might not be judgy about my opinions. Unlike Zeus. Zeus is very judge mental. He probably owns a shirt that says "I judge people". I mean really, I danced with the unicorn one time!!! And besides–

"Percy!"

That's what the Zeus said when he saw the unicorn! Oh wait...

"Natasha?" I asked. I looked up and saw her and the Avengers looking at me in worry. I hadn't noticed the elevator opened. I was still inside, but now I was leaning against the wall like a spy from James Bond.

I straightened up. "Hey," I said a little awkwardly, nodding. "What's up?"

"Thor," Tony answered.

"Nice," I said, still nodding. I shook myself out of the trance. "Natasha, can I talk to you?"

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Yeah. Why?"

"That part can be discussed away from Tony's multiple cameras and microphones. Come on. I know a place we can go." I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn't notice two things: 1) The words I just said sounded quite suspicious and weird. 2) Tony came up to me about to say something but tripped on the floor and fell into me. His hand flew across the front of my shirt as he fell.

"Whoops. Sorry, Perce," he said, definitely not sounding sorry.

"Yeah," I said awkwardly. "Okay then. Come on, Natasha." We got into the elevator.

"So what's this about, Percy?" Natasha asked me when we left the tower.

"I have an idea I need to bounce off of someone, and I thought you might have a few ideas."

"Okay... Shoot," she said.

I took a breath.

3rd POV

"You know that war I mentioned?" Percy asked Natasha.

"Yeah. You said you wanted to ask Annabeth about it first. What'd she say?"

"She agreed. One of the people is Nike. The goddess of victory."

"You mean you're fighting the goddess who controls victory?" Natasha asked incredulously.

Percy thought about it. It sounded a lot worse when it was said like that. "I'm overlooking that detail. And anyway, I think I know who the other being is."

"Who?" Natasha asked, positive she didn't want to know what he said.

"I'm 99% sure it's Kelli."

"What's a Kelli? I've never heard about that in Greek mythology."

"It's a she-it. Kelli.... She's a cheerleader. Really hates my guts."

"A cheerleader want to take over the world?" Natasha asked incredulously.

"She's a vampire," Percy responded simply. He didn't get what was so confusing. He explained it perfectly. "And she tried to eat my girlfriend and me. It doesn't always go the demigods way though. Often, they do get eaten."

Natasha looked a little green. "Right. Of course. Silly me."

"Mmhmm," Percy hummed in response.

"So..." Natasha trailed off. "Does she sparkle?"

"Oh gods no," Percy snorted. "She has a metal leg and a donkey leg. She's supposed to smell good. But once you know what she is, all you can smell is barnyard animal. Kind of like my best friend. He's part goat."

Natasha looked across the street. She really did not want to know anymore about his demigod life. It was too weird.

Sadly, she was about to find out how he fought.

Because neither of them noticed the microphone Tony had put on his shirt.

And we all know that technology like electronics attracts monsters.

Hey guys! Samigirl here! Sorry the update is a little late. I forgot it was my turn to update.

Anyway, hope you like the cliffhanger. ;)

Hope I laid the groundwork for Rose's update.

See y'all next time!

~readingrose
         And
~samigirl