Chapter 8

Percy's POV

Natasha and I walked into the lobby of the tower ten minutes after our conversation at the park. Mrs. O-Leary followed us halfway here until I told her to go bother Nico. She ran off and Natasha and I continued  our way here. I took a deep breath and walked into the elevator with Natasha. I pushed a button and the elevator started up. I stepped out of the elevator and saw Annabeth sitting on the sofa with Tony, talking.

Annabeth looked over at the sound of the elevator doors opening. She jumps up from the couch quick. "Percy! Finally!"

I looked at her as she rushed towards me and stood beside me. "Tony would not shut up! 'Look at how rich I am, did you know I am Iron Man?'" She mimics in an attempted male voice.

Tony looked in her direction and feigned a hand to his chest. "I'm hurt Annabeth."

Annabeth just rolls her eyes and looks at me. "So when are we going out?"

"We will Annabeth. Promise. I just need to talk to you for a minute. Then we can go."

I abandon Natasha and Tony and pull her off to a side corridor, then enter a room. "Natasha knows."

Annabeth looks confused for a minute then her eyes widen. "About us? Demigods?"

I nod. Annabeth opens her mouth to say something else, but then the door opens and Steve steps into the room. He flips on the light and we freeze. He looks between us with his eyes as wide as saucers.

I raised my hand hesitantly and waved. "H-hey Steve. What's up?"

"Percy. Why are you in my room? And who is she?" He asked me pointing at Annabeth. 

"Steve. This.. Is my girlfriend. Annabeth."

Annabeth stares at Steve with her piercing gray eyes. Steve looks at her and extends his hand, smiling. "Nice to meet you Annabeth. My name is-"

"Steve Rogers. Also known as Captain America, an avenger of S.H.I.E.L.D. Was frozen in ice and found 70 years later. Yeah. I know who you are." She interrupts.

Steve looked at her speechless. Not from her knowing who he was but how she confronted him about who he was. I smiled. "You get used to that."

Annabeth rolls her eyes and walks out the door muttering something about talking to Natasha. After a few minutes I hear Annabeth yelling at Tony for doing something stupid. I open my mouth to talk to Steve but then Clint , Thor, and Natasha walk into the room.

"Guys. Fury is calling a meeting. It's urgent." Clint says grimly. "It does not look good."

Steve and I exchange looks. "Okay then.  Lead the way fellas."

Clint's POV

I lead everybody to the elevator to the 13th floor. That's where Fury will be waiting for us. We got off the elevator and walked a short ways down the hallway to the conference room. We walk in and take a seat. I look around and see Bruce already sitting in a chair and Tony sulking in a corner.

"I said only the avengers. Not terrorists." Fury hisses, glaring at Percy.

Natasha stand up and glares back. If looks could kill, he'd be dead. "Percy is most definitely not a terrorist. He's my family and I care for him. So is suggest you get your act together Fury before I do something I will regret." She fumes.

I looked at Natasha, speechless. I've never seen her show this much emotion before. I look around the room and see everyone else staring at her with wide eyes and awed expressions. She looks around with a straight face and sits down in her seat.

I clear my throat and gesture for Fury to continue. He just continued to glare in Percy's direction. After a long pause of awkward silence, Percy stands up and walks out of the room. Natasha stands up and follows him.

Soon, everybody is up and following Percy out of the conference room. He meets a girl with blonde hair and grey eyes on the 28th floor and whispers something to her. She smiles and nods. She grabs his hand and they walk towards us.

"Annabeth and I are finally going out. See you guys later." They are walking to the elevator when Tony stops them.

"There's a pool a few blocks away from here. I figured you guys would like to go swimming so I reserved the pool only for you two all day. Enjoy yourselves, children."

Percy and Annabeth exchange nervous looks them smile at Tony.

"Thanks ,Tony." Annabeth replies. They walk into the elevator and leave the building for the rest of the day. Annabeth seems nice. Maybe I'll get to meet her officially later. I sigh and sit down in the couch. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Hey guys!! So, we are really sorry about not updating. For a long time. Seriously. We love you guys and want to update more. That's why, we came up with an updating schedule that will hopefully keep us working on the story and not leave you guys hanging. We plan on updating every Friday or every other Friday. So regardless, expect a chapter on a Friday XD. Seriously though. I (readingrose and samigirl101) personally love you guys. You've stayed with the story no matter how much we've let you hanging. So, I'm going to end this A/N here and wish you all a farewell. Till Friday guys!!
Vote
Comment
Follow

~readingrose2000
And
~samigirl101