Chapter 13

Percy's POV

I ducked as a hellhound swiped its claws at my head, and plunged my sword into it's side. Another hellhound came at me and I slashed at it's eyes. It avoided my attacked and backed up with it's other friends, surrounding me and Natasha. As I'm staring at all these monsters, I have one thing to say.

Tony is going to pay.

He put a freaking bug on me while talking to Natasha. Not only do I have to fight these monsters, I also have to explain what me and my aunt were talking about. I need to come up with a good excuse. Maybe make them forget with the mist? Maybe. I would have to figure out how to control it like Thalia though.

"Percy!" Natasha yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. A hellhound came at her and she was expertly dodging its attacks. She didn't bother fighting back though, as she didn't have the proper weapon.

I gripped my sword and ran towards her. I pushed her out of the way just as the giant mutt swiped his claws toward her back. I brought up my sword. Clang! The monsters claws met with my bronze sword. I heard Tony and Steve yelling at Natasha behind me.

"Nat! We're coming to help you guys!"

"No! Stay put! We can't fight these things! I'm coming to you." She yelled back.

I quickly removed my sword and sliced off the monsters paw. It howled in pain and lunged. I held my sword out in front of me, and inserted my sword into its nose. It slumped to the ground, turning to dust. "Who's next?!" I yelled at the remaining three dogs. They snarled but backed off. I looked around in confusion. Why would they do that? The monsters that I've fought never give up.

I stared after the hellhounds as they retreated down the street with a confused looks. I shrugged and turned towards the Avengers. Tony was staring at me with his mouth agape. "Shut your mouth Tony. You might catch flies."

He smacked his mouth shut. Everybody else was looking at me with their eyes wide open, like they just saw me kill a person or something. Well, I did kill a monster... I pushed through the group hoping they wouldn't say anything, and walked into the building. I heard shuffling behind me and sighed.

"P-Percy! Dude! What was that?!" I heard Tony question me.

I closed my eyes and concentrated. Hopefully this will work. I brought my fingers up and snapped. I felt the air around me change, and opened my eyes.

"A bunch of thugs jumped me asking for money, but I punched a few of them and they ran off?" I said, even though it came out kind of as a question towards the end. I know Natasha wasn't fooled because I told her all about Greek gods, but the other Avengers just nodded and got into the elevator. When we all got up the main floor, Bruce stopped for a minute.

"Wait, Percy. We planted a bug on you, what did you mean by demigods and camp and you even mentioned something about a threat...?"

I internally groaned. I knew I forgot something! I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Okay guys, I have this huge project due on Greek gods for this summer camp that I go to. I need to come up with a threat and pretend I was a demigod. I was just asking Natasha for advice." I said. I crossed my fingers behind my back, hoping they would take the bait.

"Oh. That makes sense." Bruce muttered. Thor laughed quietly and watched as the mortals in his presence, believed my lies.

I fake yawned. "Well, I think I'm gonna go take a nap. Fighting those mon-thugs, made me tired." I winced at my slip-up, and walked to my room. I closed the door and looked under my bed for some ambrosia or nectar. My back was killing me! I found a small flask of nectar and went into the bathroom.

I cringed at the nasty scratch a hellhound must have left. I took of my ripped shirt and  drank some of the nectar. I wound closed up a bit but not all the way. I decided to save some nectar for a big injury and hopped in the shower, letting the water heal my back the rest of the way. I sighed in relief and got out of the shower. I used my powers to dry myself and put on a new shirt.

I walked to my bed and collapsed in it. I felt my eyes get droopy and I succumbed to the lulling pull of sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. As I sat up in bed, I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in." I said, my voice scratchy from not using it all night. The door opened and Annabeth walked in. I smiled seeing her, then frowned remembering the conversation we had with Chiron.

"Look, Annabeth, if this is about me staying put and not getting into trouble, then it's still a no. I'm not gonna sit back and do nothing while people fight another war."

She sighed. "I'm not going to convince you, to stay put. I'm here to tell you to be careful. I don't want to lose you."

I smiled at her and patted the empty spot next to me. She came and sat down. I hugged her rubbed her back, trying to soothe her nerves. "You're not going to lose me. Never again."

She smiled. "I'll be outside waiting. Get dressed. I have something else to tell you and Natasha."

She walked and I sighed. Man, was she beautiful. I smiled and changed into a clean pair of clothes. I brushed my teeth and walked out towards the living room, while attempting to tame my hair. After about a minute, I gave up and sat down on a kitchen stool next to my beautiful girlfriend. I kissed her on the cheek and waved at Natasha looking at me from across the table.

"Okay. Percy, since you won't stay put, Chiron wants to send Nico to make sure you don't get into any trouble and if you do, he will be there to help you. Natasha, this is where you come in. We can't let the Avengers know about us. And when Nico shows up, he's going to raise suspicions. I need you to pretend that he is related to you. He's really Percy's cousin so if you could make something up close to that, it would be great. He's coming to live here for a while, well, at least till the threat is done."

I blinked at Annabeth, my mind trying to comprehend the information. Natasha just nodded. "Wait a minute. So, Nico is coming to live here? With the Avengers?" I asked.

Annabeth nodded confirming my suspicions. I sighed heavily.

Great. Now I will have Nico watching my every move. Just. Great.

Hey guys! Readingrose2000 here! So... you all are probably mad at me for not updating in what,... three or four weeks? He he. Fear not, I have excuses.....

1. I was lazy

2. I was lazy

3. I was lazy

4. I'm in the middle of a huge move, and what with school and all, it's been a very stressful month for me.

5. Since I'm in the middle of a big move, Wifi is very spotty and most of the time, doesn't work.

Once, again, I am very sorry for not updating. Hope you all forgive me *Sheepish grin*.

Sami and I were thinking about starting a question of the chapter or a quote of the chapter. What do you guys think?

Hope you guys liked the chapter!

If you have any questions, PM me or samigirl101, or comment them.

-Hannah and Sami

P.S Holy crap! I can't believe we have so many reads! Thanks a lot for supporting our story guys! You all are the best!