Chapter 10

Tony's POV

My mind processes the conversation I just heard. I can't believe Percy!! I snicker as I look at everybody arguing. "Percy would never do that!!" Thor yells.

I look at Natasha to see how she's processing this information, and she just rolls her yes when she sees me looking at her. But then she freezes and looks down the hallway. The elevator doors ding open and Percy and Annabeth walk into the building.

We rush out of the room and stop in front of the door as they walk towards us. Steve looks at them with wide eyes as they get closer. Natasha just scowls at me. Percy stops in front of me, and I smirk at him. Annabeth looks at everybody curiously.

Percy clears his throat. "What?" He asks.

I smirk even bigger and snicker. "Nothing. Nothing."

He squints his eyes at me and then looks at Annabeth. She shrugs and comes closer to Percy. I look at her stomach and wonder how long she's been pregnant. I open my mouth to say something, but Natasha and Thor glare at me. I close my mouth and look straight ahead.

"Percy, Annabeth. How was your time out?" Thor asks. Annabeth squints at him with scrutiny and looks at the door behind us. I move to cover it up more and smile.

"It was fine." Percy replied. We all just stare at each other for a while, and then Clint speaks out.

"Annabeth. I don't believe I've had the pleasure of meeting you. I am Clint Barton." He holds out his hand to shake. Annabeth shakes his hand and smiles.

"It's nice to meet you Clint. I'm Annabeth Chase, Percy's girlfriend. But you already know that."

Clint just smiles and steps back towards the door. We all look at each other again until Annabeth speaks up. "Well, Percy. I better get back to uh..." She pauses.

Percy smiles, understanding and nods. "Okay. I'll talk to you later about... what's happening. Ok?"

Annabeth just smiles and walks into the elevator. As soon as the elevator doors close, Percy turns back to us and gives us a glare. "You guys were listening weren't you."

I feign hurt. "Come on kid. I'm not that low." Percy scowls at me.

"Don't call me kid." He looks down and seems to be thinking about something. Steve clears his throat, and I look over to him. He looks at his watch and then looks up.

"So.. Who's hungry?"

I shrug and walk towards the kitchen, everybody following.

Percy's POV

I squint my eyes at the group following Tony. I know they're hiding something. Natasha falls back and walks next to me. "Hey. We're gonna leave here soon and go back to the house. It's getting late."

I check the time and see it's already 7:00 pm. I nod and sit down at the table waiting for food. Clint places plates in front of everybody and we start to eat the food that is piled on top of them. We ate in silence and as soon as I finished my meal, Natasha stood up. "Well, Percy and I are gonna go to my house and get some sleep." I nod and start towards the elevator. As soon as Natasha and I get into a taxi, I speak up.

"Natasha, we need to talk." I relay my dream that I had when I was knocked out and about how there is a rising threat. Natasha looked out the window with her eyebrows furrowed.

"This isn't good Percy. If this threat is huge, it can also affect the mortal world. We need to figure out who this is."

"No need. I think.... I already know."

Natasha's eyes widen. The taxi stops and we arrive at her house. "Who is it?!" She questions.

I shake my head. "I'm not gonna say anything till Annabeth and I discuss it."

Natasha grumbles something to herself as I get out of the taxi. We walk inside the house and I go straight to my room. I'm getting all ready for bed and everything when the phone in my room rings.

I look at it debating whether or not to answer it. I decide against it. Demigods and phones do not mix. "Natasha!" I yell out. "Come answer the phone!"

Natasha comes walking into my room as the phone stops ringing. "Why couldn't you have gotten it?"

"Demigods can't use phones. It allows monsters to track us easily." I reply.

She rolls her eyes as the phone starts ringing again. She goes to pick it up. "Hello? ....Yeah....Do you need him?....Okay I'll tell him.... Bye." She puts down the phone. "That was some guy named Chiron.  He said that he needs you at camp right away."

I look at her confused. "Why did he call on a phone? Why not IM?"

She shrugged. "He didn't say. Something about Olympus being down or something? He just said to get down there as soon as possible."

I start to get nervous as a feeling of dread settles in my stomach. I nod quickly and check the time. "I'll head down there now. I'm not busy or anything."

Natasha looks a little sad and nods. "You go ahead then." She pauses. "Be careful okay?" She says.

I pause, her words reminding me so much of my mom and Paul. I smile and nod. "I'll try." I walk out of the house and get a taxi to Long Island, to talk to Chiron.

Hey guys!! Readingrose2000 here!! Sorry I didn't post this chapter on Friday. I'm moving and packing has been crazy!! Anyways, hope you like this chapter. I've had to rewrite some because wattpad deleted some of it but it was worth it. I love making you guys happy. Please vote
Comment
Follow

Till  Friday everybody!!!!

~~Readingrose2000