Chapter 12

I cry out as Lowe pulls my head back by my hair. "Oh, I know what you were doing, Genevieve. You were trying to tell Special Agent Gibbs where we are. That's a bad girl, and you know what happens to bad girls." He pulls out a switch blade and very slowly drags it across the skin of my chest. I scream out and all he can do is laugh. I hear Abby yelling over us. 

"Hey, pick on someone your own size!" Lowe pulls the blade away and sighs. 

"Your friend should really keep her mouth shut." He turns to her with the blade and I try to pull against the ropes that are binding my wrists. He stands behind her and holds the blade to her neck. Abby looks at me with wide and watery eyes. "I wonder, Genevieve, how fast you can heal a slit throat. What do you think? Think you can heal her and then heal yourself before one of you dies?" I feel my hands clench into fists, but I only look into Abby's terrified eyes. She already has blood stains everywhere from where he has cut her or hit her that I have already healed. But even I know that I can't stop the bleeding from a slit throat quickly enough. One of us would die. 

"You stay away from her, Lowe. This is between you and me." He laughs. 

"Oh, you are the one who brought her into this.  You didn't have to tell them anything, you could have just come back. You put them all in danger. And now that you have told them where we are we have to leave again." He starts to walk away and something crosses my mind. 

"Wait! Leave Abby for them to find here." He turns back to me. "As a gesture of good faith, leave Abby here. If you do, then..." I sigh. "Then I will do whatever it is you want me to." He smiles. 

"Your heart will be your downfall, you'll see. But okay, I will leave your friend here. My client will be very happy to meet you." He walks out of the room and my stomach heaves. I think I might be sick. 

"Genevieve, you can't do this. You can't agree to do what they say. Not for my sake." I look over at her. 

"I don't have a choice Abby, they will kill you. I can't let that happen. He is right, I brought you all into this." She is about to protest. "Abby, drop it! And tell Gibbs that he needs to drop it too. Please, for everyone's sake." Her mouth tightens into a line and she looks away from me. 

After about ten minutes Lowe comes back into the room. "Okay my dear, it is time to leave." He pulls out a gun and points it at Abby. "I'm afraid, however, that we can't leave any loose ends." 

"No! That wasn't our deal!" The two men that grabbed us earlier come in and the unbind me. They pull me out of the room despite my struggling. "Abby!" A gunshot echoes through the hallway behind me and I fall to my knees. "No!" I sob and the arms holding me disappear. "Abby!" 

"I'm fine!" I look at the door as she leans into the doorway. I stand and tilt my head. 

"I don't understand. How?" She looks behind her as Gibbs walks up. "Gibbs?" They smile at me and I turn around to find the two men standing behind me with similar smiles. "What's going on?" They look at each other and show me FBI badges. I turn so that I can look at all of them. "This was all a set up?" Gibbs nods and then looks at the agents. 

"You weren't suppose to allow either of them to get hurt. By the looks of it, that part of your job was a failure." The agents only shrug. He shakes his head and comes over to me. "Are you okay?" I nod. 

"I don't understand, I heard the gun shot. Is Lowe dead?" He sighs and shakes his head. "You mean he could still be out there? I'm still not safe, he can still find me, what if-" As my talking gets faster and more panicked Gibbs grips my arms lightly. 

"Hey, calm down. He knows that we know now. It won't be long before we find him. I like the hair by the way." I laugh and shake my head. My laugh sounds jumpy and strained. "It's okay, you're safe now." I sigh. 

"Can you promise me that? Can you promise me that he won't try any-" Another shot echoes through the room. Everyone ducks and Gibbs looks at me. His eyes widen as blood blossoms on my shirt. I try to heal myself, but my body has fallen into shock. I have healed shooting victims before, but have never been shot myself. "Gibbs- I can't heal- I think I may be in shock. I-I don't know what to do!" He resumes standing and places my hand over the growing ring of red. 

"You need to apply pressure okay." He tosses his phone to Abby. "Call ahead to the hospital and say that we are bringing her in. I don't know what the address is so I can't call for the ambulance." He helps me out of the house and into the car. He asks Tony, who I didn't even realize was there, to drive while he sat in the back with me. He kept one hand on mine over the wound, and held my other one tightly. He squeezes it whenever it seems like I am about to pass out. "You need to stay with me, okay? Talk to me. Why did you choose that colour for your hair?" 

"Abby said that she thought it would look cool. That all the colours in it would look well with my eyes. She showed me the picture and I liked it, so that's what we did." I blink rapidly as I start to feel very sleepy.  "Gibbs, I don't know if I can stay awake." He looks at the road. 

"DiNozzo, how long." He sighs from the front. 

"About twenty minutes boss." 

"Gibbs, I just want to sleep. Let me sleep." Against his protests I close my eyes and am quickly enveloped in black.