Chapter 21

When we arrive back at NCIS Gibbs once again disappears up the stairs and into the Director's office. Tony watches me as I sit down in Gibbs' chair, his eyes burning holes through me. 

"Tony, stop attacking her with your eyes." Ziva throws a pencil and him. She looks over at me with an apology written all over her face. "He is simply being obnoxious."

"No I'm not, Ziva. She killed someone, and she needs to be watched. Gibbs may trust her, but I don't." 

I sigh and shove myself out of the chair. "If anyone cares to look for me, I will be down in Autopsy." I stomp past their desks and over to the elevator. As the door opens I wave my hand, sending Tony's coffee spilling onto his pants. I walk into the elevator with a smile on my face. 

When I walk into Autopsy Duckie hardly even notices that I walked in. 

"Mr. Palmer, could you please hand me the magnifying glass?" He reaches for it and places it above her head. "That's odd."

"What's odd?" 

He looks up at me with a shocked expression. "Genevieve, I didn't hear you come in. Darling, I don't think you should be in here for this." 

"I couldn't be upstairs with Tony." I walk over to the table and look down at the woman. "Do we know who she is yet?"

"No, we do not. We sent prints up to Abby. Hopefully she can sort out the mystery of who this woman is." 

I only nod. The red hole in her head stares at me with enough power to tear my soul apart. And yet, there is something drawing me in. My hand raises of it's own accord and shakes as it goes to hover over it. I then yank my hand away and step back. 

"Genevieve, perhaps you should leave." 

"I-I can't. I want to heal her. I-why? I don't understand. I've never felt drawn to heal someone." I feel my feet dragging towards the slab. My hand is outstretched towards her. "I-I can't stop myself. I-I have to-"

"Genevieve!" Gibbs rushes over and pulls me back by my waist. "You need to stop." He pulls me to the ground and holds me there.  "What are you thinking? You know you can't heal a bullet to the head without killing yourself in the process!" 

My brain clouds and I try to pull against him. "Let me go! I have to heal her, she has to get back to give them the information. They will be furious and come after me if she doesn't!" The sound of my voice changes and takes on a strange accent. 

"I have to get you out of here." He pulls me to my feet and drags me out into the hallway. 

Once out in the hallway my brain suddenly sharpens. "Thanks Gibbs." I pull away from his grip and turn to face him. "I don't know what happened in there. I just felt this overwhelming urge to heal her."

He scoffs. "It was more than that. You became her. You knew things that only she could know. You're voice changed. Has this ever happened before?" 

"No, it hasn't. I'm sorry that I worried you. I think I will just go hang out somewhere." I turn towards the elevator. 

"No," Gibbs grabs my arm and turns me back to him. "You are going to stay out in the hallway and wait for me. I'm going to see what Duckie has found out, and then we will go. Understand?" 

I nod. 

"Good. Stay out here." He walks into autopsy and is only in there for about five minutes before he is walking back out. "She isn't like you." Without an explanation he storms into the elevator. 

"What do you mean she isn't like me?" I run in after him and stare at him. 

"She doesn't have the same brain structure as you."