One

"Only two girls remaining. Who would Chuck choose? Who would be the Lucky One?" the male host said right before the 2 ladies entered and stood at the center of the garden of the show, The Lucky One, started.

Everyone, well mostly ladies, in the bar where looking right to the screen, excited to know who the bachelor would choose among the two ladies. All of the ladies had their eyes stick on the screen, except Max.

"I wanted Jessica to win his heart. I mean, she's far nicer than Veronica. Although, Veronica's prettier." One lady said, before having a sip of her martini. Max caught her attention as she was shaking the mixes for an Apple Martini. She look at the lady before looking at the screen.

"This rose isn't just only a rose. This is a symbol of my heart, my soul and my love." Chuck, the millionaire said, as he look at the rose in his hands, giving it a little twirl. The two ladies in front of Max, gave a dreamy sigh.

There was a couple of flashbacks before the moment of truth came. Max began to pour the Long Island Iced tea on the glass.

"Long Island Iced Tea!" Max called as the waiter began to get the drink and served it. A brunette with a fancy man approached the bar and ordered two Margaritas. She smiled and began to work on them.

"Chuck, it's the time to choose the Lucky One." the male host said. Chuck slowly stepped forward towards the ladies. Everyone around began to get tense at the scene.

"Oh my god, who would be the lucky woman?" Sandy, Max's co-worker and one of her closest female friends, was shaking mixes while watching the show. Max could only chuckle as she poured out the margaritas.

"What? He's going to choose the love of his life at this very moment." Sandy said, still mixing.

"Please, it's obvious who he is going to choose."

"Really? Who is then?"

"The blonde."

"Veronica? How could you say that?"

"She's prettier and more busty. She also has a higher voice than Jennifer."

"What?"

"Wanna bet? It'll be 10 bucks." Max looked at Sandy, smiling as if she was challenging her. Sandy looked deeply into Max's emerald eyes, thinking whether to accept them or not. She knows when it comes to betting, she had never won against Max.

"Forget it, I need 10 bucks right now."

Max smiled and felt a bit of victory despite not winning a 10 bucks. Both of them watched the screen. And right enough, Chuck handed the rose to Veronica.

"Yes! He picked Veronica!" One lady exclaimed-the one who was rooting for "Veronica".

"Told you." Max said to Sandy before entertaining another customer.

"How'd you know he was going to pick Veronica?"Sandy followed her.

"I already told you didn't I? And besides, they'll only last for a month. They're going to broke off the engagement anyway."

"What are you a psychic or something?"

Max pulled out a sparkling wine and a lime. "Well, I just don't think that love  exist in such place." She looked at the vintage clock by the wine bar. It was 4'00 clock in the morning. It was the end of her shift.

"And with that, I have to go." Max tapped Sandy's shoulder before getting her things in the locker and left the bar.

Walking down the street, Max gripped her leather sling bag. Feeling the coldness of the air, she smiled. She saw the people walking in twos, drunk and sober as she cross the street and headed to the diner. To her 2nd job of the day: a waitress.

Max went inside the diner and saw Beatrice, the diner's cook, making coffee. She went to her locker and changed into her waitress clothes: a yellow a-line dress with a red apron. She checked herself in front of the mirror and saw the petite woman with a brunette short haired -almost like a boy's- with a small face, thick eyebrows, a pair of emerald eyes, a small nose and unpainted curvy lips. Anyone could mistake her as Audrey Hepburn-with a first quick glance. She has a pretty face-everyone knows but she doesn't look herself that way. Her face was built with character-soft but strong, that's how she wanted it to be.

She smiled at herself, convinced she was ready to do another job and chant the words her deceased father told her before he left:

"Everything's going to get better."