Forty-One

~~~

"Okay! Everybody quiet! Ian-on cue. One two three." 

The clapperboard clapped and everyone in the set was quiet. Nadine-my secretary, was in front of the camera although it was hard for me to see her face with all the lights.

"What do you think the journey would be, sir?" Nadine asked.

"I must say that this isn't going to be easy but uhm-finding love is never an easy journey." I replied the safest answer I could find. I actually need to be safe since I couldn't give clues to whoever woman I had my eyes with because that would spoil the whole production.

~~~

A month ago, my father told me the biggest news I have heard in the first morning of June. It really surprised that I have to repeat what he just said.

"Excuse me?"Did you just said a dating show?"

Dad folded the newspaper and looked at me with his oceanic eyes, the same as mine. "Yes, Ian. A dating show. The NBS production has come to us that they needed our help to elevate this kind of business. They are having problems Ian and this production would most likely helped them rise again." 

"And you agreed with this?"

"Yes. The NBS production's owner is a great friend of mine. They told me about their situation and concluded that a reality show would most likely helped them in their problems. I read and analyze their production-and I must say that they are in a tight budget so their production might have some areas that are lacking but could be fixed with some editings."

"He personally asked me to have you in their reality show. And besides son, you're 31, your mother and I strongly think that you start finding someone that you could be with. Other than just merely dating". He said before sipping his coffee. I looked at mom and to my sister who bowed down their heads, not wanting to argue nor to oppose the ridiculous idea.

Now, I am neither a cynic or a man not in need of a wife but I just don't believe finding it through a show-making unfamiliar women fall for me as I to them which is actually a bit ridiculous, to be honest.

"Ian, just try this one. It could help you with our business and to them. And besides, maybe you could find a wife." He laughed before he stood up and left the house.

"Mom, isn't this a bit ridiculous?"

"Believe me, it is. But, I've seen the plans, the women-they're really not that bad. In fact, all them are really beautiful and interesting." mom said. I was dumbfounded at her answer.

"You actually agreed with this?"

"Well-dear. You're 30 and I'm almost at my stage of a menopause. I wanted to see my grand kids and who knows I might end up like your grandmother."

"And you believe that I would find the woman that I would end up marrying in that- show?"

"Anything's possible."

"Here are the 10 women that has joined the reality show." Jacobs Ridge field, one of father's well trusted business manager, handed me a folder that contained the profile of the women. He raised the remote and unto the screen was Aurora's face and then Sophia-which I have always assumed she was a lesbian.

"Katy? She-she joined?" I asked Jacob.

"Her father and your father are in very good business partners and so-we couldn't reject her from joining."