Twenty-five

Feeling the warm water trickling down her shoulders and through our her body, Max felt relaxed. When she was done, she turned off the brass faucet, got her robe and looked at herself through the mirror and began to thought of all the people she left back in Bronx.

I wonder how are they now? Would they be surprised to see me in the television, joining this ridiculous show? I bet they would be surprised.

She thought of all the girls who joined in those shows that Max would often ridiculed. She wondered if any those girls would actually fall for that bachelor. 

And what if one actually did fall? But, the asshole didn't choose her. Wow. That would probably sucked. She began to think of all the girls in the Mansion. What if one of those girls is starting to like Ian? Or rather is starting to fall for Ian? She thought of Casey. Casey would be one. That unusual reaction when I told her we kissed was something. And they were child hood friends too.

She run her fingers through her wet brown short hair. Emilia too. She must wanted to get back together with Ian. Maybe she realized what she lost when she was at Europe and this show is perfect to bring back old memories. She turned around now, folding her arms as she leaned on the marbled lavatory. Maybe Brittany? I doubt. That personality would not get her somewhere but how did she make it this far? And what about Sophia? She maybe that type of chick who acts like she doesn't care but deep down inside, she wanted to be with Ian. Who doesn't want to be with Ian anyway? He's rich and he's handsome. Basically, he's every woman's dreams. He's genuine and kind, respectful-a true gentleman. I guess chivalry isn't dead yet.

She thought of Ian and started to bite the nails of her index finger. She thought of the weeks with him and she notice he was consistent. He never swayed. That gentleman personality didn't swayed at all. She felt her lips starting to curve when she remembered that date under the stars and that kiss.

Oh my god. What? What? She began to bury her face with her palms and looked again to herself through the mirror. She saw a slight red color on her cheeks and was horrified at the sight of it. Max, you are absolutely delusional. This isn't real. Don't even think about it. She pointed the blushing reflection of herself. "You hold it together, damn it." For the 2nd runner up prize. For the 2nd runner up prize. "I need to leave before I could think of anything more."

Finally, changed her clothes to her night pajamas and was heading to bed when she saw Sophia and Emilia by the bed with junks and chocolates spread between them and Casey.

"Oh, you're finally done. We were just talking with each other." Casey said, before placing the sour and cream chip to her mouth. "Come, Max."

Max slowly walked towards Casey and smiled at them. Emilia is here. "Hey, guys. What are you upto?"

Sophia turned around and smiled. "Well, we're going to play a game."

"What game?" Max asked, climbing on to the bed.

"It's some teenage game called: Never have I ever. But, I still think its fun." Casey told her.

"Oh. That game." Max chuckled nervously. I used to play that game with my "so-called friends" before. I normally lose the game.

"We won't be explaining the rules then. Show your five fingers ladies." Sophia said, raising hers.

"How does this work again?" Emilia asked, still sitting with poise. Is she really going to join?

"Well, one person would finish the sentence:Never have I never and when you've done it, you bend down a finger. Loser gets a dare."Sophia smiled.

"I feel like a teenager again!" Casey said, shaking her shoulders.

"I'll go first. Never have I ever I sneaked out at night to go party." Sophia said, looking at the ladies. Emilia was the first one who bend a finger. Everybody looked at her, surprised.

"I wanted to go to that concert." Emilia explained, like it's no big deal.

"I couldn't sneak out." Casey said, wriggling her fingers.

"I was a top student before and I live at a dormitory. I have to have clean records." Sophia said and ended with a roll of her eyes. Everybody looked at Max, waiting for her. Max-couldn't seem to handle stares, she bends down a finger slowly.

"I knew you have tried sneaking out!" Sophia pointed out, grinning.

"Tell us!" Casey shook Max's legs.

"Some dude that I dated back in high school,"

"Oh? What's his name?"

"Damon Black."

"Is he some kind of a rock star? What kind of a name is that?" Sophia asked, chuckling before she took a Dorito chip.

"He's just a guy from school. He was cool and he played the guitar and he can sing in a band called: Sleep Walkers." Max said, sounding like it was no big deal. Yeah and that means he sleeps a lot with girls whenever I'm not around. That asshole.

"Okay. My turn!" Casey exclaimed. She looked up for a moment before she grinned and looked at them. "I never have I ever kiss a girl."

Emilia shook her head. "Nope."

"Nope." Casey said.

"I had." Sophia said, bending her first finger down. All eyes were surprised looking at her. Sophia sat straight. "It just happened at this Mansion."

"No way!" Casey shouted, scooting closer to Sophia.

"Yep. You want to know who?" Sophia asked the whole group. All of them nodded. She cleared her throat first and smiled. "It's Rose."

"What? Why?'

"Well, we're the closest and we are room mates. I got attracted to her one time and she told me she felt the same way too and it just happened."

Casey gasped, her blue eyes widen. "And then what?"

"We just hit it off. She's going to wait for me when I leave the show."

No wonder Rose lost her interest in Ian. "So, you won't mind if you're going to leave then?"

"Yeah. I guess." Sophia said, thinking. "Anyway, are there any fingers that should be bend down?" She asked looking at each girls and gave a sly smile to Max.

"Don't look at me like that." Max looked away. Oh no. That was way back with Sasha Walker. It was just a dare.

"Come on, just spill it out. I have a feeling you did." Sophia pointed at Max, gave it a wiggle and narrowing her eyes at her.

"Oh my god! You kissed a girl too?" Casey asked, innocently.

"It was just a dare." Max admitted, looking away. Damn it.

"Put down that finger, dear." Sophia said, chuckling. Max slowly bend her second finger down. She could feel Emilia staring at her. I don't want to play this game any longer.