Thirty-three

"Say what?" Max asked, stunned about the sudden news Mr. Richfield just gave them over dinner time. 

"There will be no elimination night this week." Mr. Richfield repeated under a sigh. The news made all the ladies had grins all over their places and clapped. "But-there is always a but..."

"Of course there is." Casey murmured.

"You three are attending an evening party. Not just any party, it'll be a very important event for Ian and of course, for you."

"A party? A very important event? Who will be there anyway?" Max voiced out.

"You will see this Saturday. More information will be given to you about the outfits and other matters. Good evening, ladies." He then left leaving the girls looking at each other wondering.

"Maybe the president's going to be there." Casey said, pulling the sheets towards her chest before putting on her eye mask.

Max raised both her shoulders. "Is Ian really that important to have the president come over to that "important event." She said with a gesture of her fingers. 

"Maybe some important people in the business perhaps?" Casey guessed again.

"Maybe." She said as she sat beside Casey and spaced out for a while. "Hey Casey."

"What is it?"

"I'm just wondering if-if one of us got chosen would each of us be fine with it?"

There was a pause before Casey gave her answer. "You know, while you were away with Ian, Emilia and I had a talk about that."

Max looked at Casey who laid still on the bed. "Really? Well, what did you two say?"

"I said, I'll be fine with it since it's you two. You know what Emilia said?"

"What?"

Casey said in a slow and sleepy manner. "She said she agreed with me. She said she'll be fine if it's not her who gets chosen by Ian. She said she completely understand who's Ian's going to decide."

"Why? Why is that?" Max shook Casey's shoulder. But Casey was already fast asleep and Max didn't bother to wake her up anymore. She lied on the bed and pulled the sheets, covering her shoulders and stared at the ceiling and wondered what could Emilia have said that day.

"Say what now?" Max was once again stunned at the outfit that should be worn at the ball.

"The theme is gold and black, dear Max." Mr. Richfield repeated. "We have outfits readied for you by tomorrow. Hair and make up as well, ladies. Wit that, I'll leave you now."

"Wait, Mr. Richfield." Max called him out.

"What is it?"

"Who are the people that would possibly come at the formal event?"

Mr. Richfield smiled at her. "You'll see." 

As Saturday night comes, the three ladies were called out from their rooms to prepare themselves for the formal event. They were lead to a room where large mirrors were placed, large boxes that are filled with make up tools. There were also gowns of different designs hanged at the corner of the room. But what Max was surprised about wasn't those things but the people inside it that are running in errands and sometimes calling someone to aid them. Everyone was so busy that it made Max wondered how important this party really is.

"Max Bronx? Max Bronx! Come here we need to get you dressed." One female crew approached her and lead her to her spot, hurriedly. "Imelda, she's short haired so no need to do so much with this one. Maybe spray it-"