Eleven

"We had such a great time. I mean, he gave me a rose after all." Brittany was boasting the girls at dinner time how much fun Ian and her were having from their picnic date.

"So only 2 girls weren't given a rose." Sophia said, tired from listening to Brittany, to Max and Rose at the farthest end of the table.

"You two didn't? Why?" Juliet asked.

"I guess I didn't leave a good impression on him. It was a bland date." Rose said, looking at her plate.

"I slapped him." Max said, bluntly. All eyes in the room went straight to her, shocked. 

"You slapped Ian Montgomery?" Aurora asked in astonishment.

"Oh my god. You were able to do that?" Cecilia asked, covering her mouth.

"He touched my boob-I-thought he was groping." Max said, defensively.

"Ian Montgomery is a great man. He is a gentleman." Aurora added. "I should know."

"Max Reeves? C'mon. It's time for your interview." a crew member called Max. Max looked at the girls and they were all giving her signals to go. Katy gave her a pat at the back.

"Seems like one has to go now." Katy said.

Cameras  and the crews were inside the room, waiting for her. She sat down, saw the lady behind the cameras and waited to be interviewed. She knows what they are going to ask. She took a deep breath and imagined herself standing in front of a cliff about to push into the abyss.

"So, Max, how did you find Ian?" the lady began to ask questions as she crossed her legs.

"You know like in those fairy tales where there is this princess and she met some kind of prince, he is the Prince Charming." Max said, thinking of Ian. He is handsome, all right.

"Did your heart fluttered?"

"Well..." Max thought of the first time she saw Ian. "...he is a handsome guy after all and I think you're not human if you don't get fast skip beatings of your heart whenever you see such guy." She gave out a nervous chuckle. "Yes, my heart did flutter."

"Two days ago, you slapped Ian."

Damn it. I knew it. "That's right." She began to cover her face. "It was very embarrassing." She let her hands go and started chuckling, nervously. "I was just surprised that his hand was on my boob. It was just a defensive act-I'm sorry, Ian. I didn't mean to do that."

"You didn't get a rose." the lady said.

Max bowed her head down. "Yes. I did not."

"What do you expect tomorrow? It's elimination night and those girls who didn't receive a rose is in danger of going home."

"Nerve racking. I just hope Ian would give me a chance." Max said, sadly.

Everyone in the mansion was ready to go to sleep but not Max. She was by the balcony, sitting on the steel chair, thinking what could happen on the elimination night.

There's no other way, right? I slapped him-I think mine was worse than Rose's. It's still early to get eliminated though. She raised her head and closed her eyes. But, it can't be helped right? Think about it, I get to go home and live my life again. We'll just get by with that kind of life. 

Her thoughts were cut off when she felt a pebble being thrown at her. She looked around and she felt another pebble on her forehead. "Hey!" Now angry, she stood up and went to the ledges to see who could have thrown pebbles at her. Standing by the palm tree, she saw her older brother Sam, grinning at her with pebbles on his hand.