Sixteen

When will they shut up? Max has been listening to Brittany and Cecilia arguing about their chosen date for Ian. They wanted to have him on an afternoon on a yacht but only one could have that setting.

And they have been arguing about it for almost an hour.

"Uuughhh." Max covered her ears, grunting. "When are they ever going to stop?"

"Who knows?" Rosie said before she took a bite of her chocolate truffles.

"They'll be the crowds favorite, I'm sure." Casey joined in, watching the two ladies screaming at each other.

"Yeah. Pathetic, really." Sophia commented, reading a Vogue magazine.

"Oh my god! Like I deserve to have the yacht date because my dad's richer than you." Cecilia stated.

"Yeah but is your dad part of the show? No. It's you and guess what? You're not rich. You're daddy's rich." Brittany fired back,

"How dare you disrespect my father!"

"How dare you disrespect me!"

"I'm prettier than you!"

"You just turned blonde!"

"Well, you have fake tans!"

"I'm sorry I thought they are arguing about the yacht thing?" Max wondered. How old are these ladies anyway? They're acting like child brats quarrel ling over barbies.

"Even I got lost in their-" Rose stopped and had her jaws dropped. Max looked at where Rosie is looking and to her surprised, she had her jaws dropped too.

Descending the staircase, Emilia went down with a black triangular with golden hoops bikinis, covering it with a black robe. Her hair tumbled down her shoulders as she walk with poise down the long staircase. Her entrance got everyone silent-even Brittany and Cecilia.

All eyes followed her as she pass by the kitchen, got herself a bottle of champagne and two glasses and went to the pool area. The crew immediately followed her.

"Where is she going?" Casey tried to take a look.

"I don't know. But I want to watch." Sophia said.

"We can look by the den." Rose suggested. In a spring of action, everyone left their dinner and to the pool area.

Emilia was by the Jacuzzi, lighting the candles. She took them one by one and as she finished, the whole mood of the pool area went to something intimate and romantic.

Meanwhile, the other girls were looking at her from the den, hiding behind the doors with their heads poking.

"What's the big deal? She's just alone." Katy scoffed.

"Really? Trying to be hot and seductive just to go to the jacuzzi alone? Could you get any dumber?" Sophia scolded. "Obviously, it's her date with Ian."

"Maybe I should go for a skinny dipping." Cecilia told herself.

"Nudity isn't allowed here." Brittany told Cecilia, rolling her eyes.

"This is America, in case you forgot." Cecilia backfired.

"Oh my god, there he is: Ian." Casey pointed at Ian in his robe, approaching Emilia. Emilia smiled at him, went out of the jacuzzi and gave each other a friendly kiss on the cheeks. They had a short casual talk before they went to the jacuzzi with their champagne.

"Sometimes, I would think that this competition is over." Katy said, looking at Emilia and Ian. All eyes went straight to her, glaring. "What?"

"What's your reaction when you saw Emilia ago?" the woman asked Max when it was her time to be interviewed.

Max cleared her throat, "She got great legs."

"Do you think she's a threat?"

"That kind of history maybe a hard to beat but, people move on too- when they've found another new love."

Max wondered how Ian could have handled this kind of situation. He seems like the type of man to be serious in relationships and to have his heart be broken like that?

She has been into relationships but never was enough to have her heartbroken. She never took them seriously anyway, thinking that such things at such an age should never be thought so hard. In fact, she took everything for granted.

Even her life and her family-she took it for granted.

And then a sudden thought came to her and surprised her that she shook her head-getting rid of that cloud of fantasy above her head. 

How would it feel like to be his lover?