Nine

Casey squeeze Max arms as they headed towards the Mansion's patio. They settled down, with the drinks and the food but Max never seem to mind it but rather to the landscape outside. There was an infinity pool and out to the horizon was the beach. It was decorated with pebble stones and the was lit up with lanterns. There were large pillows by the lounge chairs and beside them were candles.

"It's beautiful." Max said to herself. It's really romantic.

"I would like to make this toast-." Ian raised his glass to the ladies. "It is a privilege and an honor to have this journey with you."

God, this is so like in those shows. Max thought but tried to make a smile as she clinked her glasses to the other. She took a sip of the champagne and found the taste very pleasant that she drank it all the way.

"Oh, forgive her. She doesn't know our "manners". She doesn't belong here after all". Brittany said as she sipped the champagne elegantly. Cecilia and another woman, Katy,  laugh at her before they walked away.

"Don't mind them." Casey said.

"I know. It was just so good."

"Help yourself. Just...don't get drunk."

"I can handle myself." Max reassured Casey before having herself another glass of champagne. When she went back to the patio, Casey grabbed her.

"Cecilia's the first one to talk to him. Let's watch." Casey tugged her arms and they sat by the white sofa, looking at Ian and Cecilia, sitting by the pool on the large pillows. The other ladies, Julia and Rose sat beside them and looked.

"Do you think she's going to kiss him already?" Rose asked, one of the non-wealthy candidate from San Francisco.

"I bet. She's been talking about him for hours." Julia answered.

"But, would he let her?" Casey added.

"That would be awkward if he doesn't." Max said and realized that she had a mic on. This is going to be on television.

Sophia Cooper sat by them and joined in their conversation. "Who do you think is the biggest threat here?" She crossed her legs and leaned, holding the champagne glass. She's actually the one who's rumored to be exclusively dating Ian although neither of them confirmed it. She's sexy and got this Latina look though and I wouldn't question if the rumors would be true.

"How about you, Bronx?" Sophia asked her as she sipped her champagne and pulled her straight black hair away from her shoulder. "Do you think Emilia's a threat, too?"

"She's very beautiful. And smart. And successful. And those legs." Max said before drinking her champagne.

"I know, right?" Sophia said and her eyes widen when Cecilia and Ian stood up. "Oh my god. They're done."

All the girls looked at them, expecting something. Cecilia drew her face closer to Ian, wanting to have a kiss but was only kissed on her Cecilia's cheek which made them give a secret snort.

"I knew it." Julia said.

It has been hours and Max was getting rather sleepy and dizzy. She watch all the girls take their time to talk to Ian. Witness some sort of drama when Brittany and Katy tried to steal time from each other. She listened to Ian as he was speaking to them in groups and thought that he has really great charisma. She has been watching, drinking and talking and really wanted to go to bed but definitely tried to be awake. She decided that her night is done when Ian approached her. 

"I haven't talk to you tonight." Ian said sitting down beside her. 

"Haven't we? You were here a minute ago." Her eyes, trying to be alert.

"I mean, alone."

"Oh. Shall we head to the pool? I really want to go there." Max suggested.

"Sure." Ian stood up and extended his hand towards Max and she took them, smiling. Such nice hands.

"So, among all the girls, you're the only one with short hair." Ian commented as they sat together onto the pillows.

Calm down. It's just some normal conversation. "I know. Makes me stand out. I mean, you even notice it."

Ian let out a soft chuckle. "Yeah. It really does stand out. Is it your style or just-?" He cut out, smiling.

"Well, to be honest, I have this cut off for a real purpose."

"Charity?" Max caught the sincerity in his eyes when he asked. And also, caught the cameraman shooting them.

"You can say that. I had this really long wavy hair before. Up to the waist and I cut it off and sold it."

"Why?"

"It's for my mom. We were in some financial crisis that time and one woman wants to buy my hair and make it to a wig or something." Max said, tightening her smile so she can have control over her emotions. Her father loved her hair so much but then, there are just some things that should let go. She decided to shake the drama off. "I know men prefer long hair. Femininity and all."

"That could be true. But, for you it's still shows off a feminine vibe. I like that."

"Look at us, our first conversation and we're talking about hair." She let out a laugh.

"I know. But, it's still interesting. I mean, I found you interesting." He said them,smiling. Max could see that his smile is genuine and honest. 

"You, too. I mean, you really got great hair." Max tried to touch it, making Ian laugh. Such a nice laugh. 

"I like your hair." Ian said, touching her hair. "They're really soft."

Max couldn't help but let out a laugh. "Okay, can we not talk about hair anymore?" 

"Why not? We got really great hairs." Ian joke which made Max let out a loud laugh, enough to hurt her stomach.

"That was really funny. That was really good."

And then there was a clear of throat. Max and Ian looked up, following the legs that looked like it could reach the clouds, to that high slit and into the face of a beautiful red hair woman.

"Emilia." Ian said. Max could hear there was a bit of a surprised in his tone.

"Can I have you for a moment?" Emilia said to Ian, not looking at Max, as if she wasn't there. 

"Um-" He looked at Max, hoping for some approval.

"Yeah. Go ahead. I think I'm quite dizzy-champagne and all..uhm...yeah. Sure." Max stood up, losing her balance for a while as Ian held her.

"It was pleasure talking with you. It was fun." Ian looked at her before giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Same here. Night." Max walked away and back to the other girls.

"She really walked all the way there." Rose said.

"Yeah? I'm quite dizzy now. I think I should get to bed." Max said, putting down the glass on the table.

"You think you'll be all right alone?"

"Yeah. Just go ahead. Stay. Enjoy the rest of the night."

"She got drunk?" Sophia asked, trying not to laugh.

"She drank plenty of glasses already." Casey said, worriedly.

Max let herself fall on the bed. "That is really good!" She said to herself. 

And a great night too.