Twenty

Wanting to be alone, Max went out of the house and had a little walk by herself. She passed by the gardens, letting her hands touch the bushes and the flowers. It's nice to have a garden in a house. She thought to herself. There was no garden or any green landscape in their apartment back at the Bronx, as what she remembered.

Bronx. Home. How are my folks back there? I wish I could give them a call.

She reached the gazebo, quite distant from the pool area. She sat on the white bench, positioned herself to have a full view of the beach, her chin on both of her arms as they laid on the white painted ledges.

It has been a month. I couldn't believe I'm staying here for a month now. 4 weeks-how time could just come by in a swift. 4 weeks-4 dates with Ian and it seemed like everybody in the house have kissed him.

She gave herself a sigh. God, I can't believe I'm thinking about kissing him. It's not like I'm in danger of going home yet but, we'll never know. It's not good to have him think that I could only be just someone he can just hang out with.

But, a kiss could give me a place by the third or fourth. It's not that bad, right? I could figure things out when I'm one of the finalists. She nodded, agreeing to her own little plan. Wow, how long have I ever kissed someone? 5 years? Scotty Grahams was the last person I think but damn, that was bad. His breath was all alcohol and smoke. I can't believe I went out with a guy like him.

How good-for nothing guys have I ever dated? 5? Nope-7. Thinking about it-and even though it's not really dating, Ian's the only one who's different. I've never dated a gentle and kind guy before. Didn't I had eyes on one before?

Oh, right. I remembered: I always have an assumption that rich men are assholes too.

Now, I know, not all.

She finally stood up and went back to the kitchen where she saw Casey, Sophia and Rose had their conversations with each other.

"Hey, where have you been?" Sophia asked as soon as she saw Max.

"Just had a little walk." Max answered, took a seat beside Casey. "What's up?"

"Cecilia just came from her date."

"Didn't have a rose." Rose finished before taking a hug bite on her chicken sandwich.

"Really? Must be bad for her." Max said, placed her palm on her chin. "I bet Brittany's having an evil laugh right now."

"Well, she's going tomorrow." Casey said. "We'll see."