Chapter 8

"I'm on the road

To who knows where?

Look ahead, not behind,

I keep saying"-Prodigal, Dreaming Out Loud, OneRepublic.

POV Nico

~•~•~•~

I climb out of the car, and take in the environment. The underworld is unwelcoming as usual, and I walk without hesitation to my dad's palace. On the way, I can't help but think about Will. His amazing tanned body, his beautiful eyes, his hair, his face... have I become a stalker? Damn, I really like him.

No you don't, you love him.

"Zip it, heart," I say. "Just because I think he's smart and sensitive and kind and helpful and amazing... oh shit" I say. "I am so in love with this guy." I mutter bitterly. "And... now he hates me." I add, walking into my dad's palace.

Hades looks at me, his eyes somewhat widened. "Hello, Nico." He says, getting off his throne. "Hello, father" I casually reply. "What are you doing here?" he asks me. Should I tell him what happened?

"I needed a break. I did something stupid, and through that I discovered that I have nothing back at camp halfblood." I say expressionlessly. "I know you're hiding something from me Nico, what are you hiding?" he asks and I sigh, telling him the story, looking down at the floor.

"I understand" he replies. "Shall I notify the camp that you intend on staying here?" he asks. "No!" I yell before I realize it was a rhetorical question and blush. "Could I please stay here for a while?"

"Sure, you can stay here as long as you want to." he answers. "But Nico, running away from your problems won't solve them. And from what you told me, I am 100% sure that he does not hate you, I have not heard one thing that makes me think he would hate you. You could stay here, but you should talk to him and let him explain. Maybe he'll surprise you." He says and I walk into the room He offered me last time I was here.

"But if he comes I am letting him in. You do need to sort your problems with him and you do deserve to be happy. I meant it when I said you wanted to be an exception." Hades says.

I don't even look back. "Okay" I say and walk into my room.

As I sit down on my bed and think about what Hades said. Is there a chance that Will doesn't hate me? Did I make a mistake by leaving? Will he come search for me? Does he really want to talk to me? But I shouldn't... how could I ever face him again? I love him, and he's straight and probably dating Melanie... I don't wanna see that. Plus, if he does hate me... I will never be able to look at him again. It'll kill me inside and I know it. And what if he just wants to be my friend?

Then-a thought pops in to my head. What if he isn't straight? He stayed with me that night, and warmed me up. Is there any other reason? Maybe it's because he wanted to comfort me?

I lay back on the bed. Whatever it was, I miss it. The bed is cold, and his warmth made me feel... well, warm, and comfortable. I want him back. I wipe away tears I notice tears falling on my face, and say "Goodnight, sunshine".

I really hope I won't dream about him tonight.

~•~•~•~
AN: I'm not reasonable for any feels you may have, I'm a simple fanfiction writer with a gift for sadness.