Chapter 11

POV Will

~•~•~•~

"AM I THAT MUCH OF AN IDIOT?!" I yell and tug at my hair in frustration and I stare into the spot Nico was standing. He just saved me... and ran away. "What in the name of Hades am I supposed to do now?!" I yell and then Hades materializes in front of me. How wonderful. Exactly what I need after scaring his son off.

"Uh... um..." I stutter. "I understand you upset my son?" he asks me dryly and my heart plummets. How does he know? Does he know?

"Listen-" I finally get the courage to say, "I don't know what Nico Told you, but...I don't hate your son. I actually really like him" I say, trying to avoid the word 'love'. "But he just won't listen to me. That's why I came-but he ran away..." I say, looking at the ground, trying not to slap myself on the back of the head.

Surprisingly, Hades doesn't look too mad at me. "I could only expect him to react like that; he hasn't been the most popular of kids according to what he told me-"

"Something I plan on changing" I interrupt his sentence, and look back down. "Anyway... he isn't very popular, and with his history, I could only assume he expected you to be disgusted-"

"And when I didn't answer he thought he was right and I was disgusted" I complete his sentence, reassuring my stupidity.

"Yes." He replies. "So I need a way to find him, do you know where he might be?" I ask.

"I have no idea." He admits and I feel my face drop. "But" he adds. "I think looking in Camp Jupiter is a bad idea, thinking about Hazel and how she would react to discover that he ran away because of you, and he would never go there if he's trying to stay secret." He says and I nod, feeling bad for making him feel so bad he shadow travelled away just to avoid me.

"So I'll go back to camp halfblood to request another quest." I say. "Thank you so much, lord Hades" I add and begin walking away.

"And Will" he says as I stop dead on my tracks. "If my son comes back here with tears in his eyes, I will have no problem showing you the worst the fields of punishment have to offer, understood?" he says coldly and I feel my heart drop. "Un-un-understood, lord Hades." I say and walk back into the mortal world.

Clearly Chiron won't let me go again. It took me two weeks to let me go the first time. There's no chance what so ever he'll let me go again. It's clear what I need to do. I IM Lou Ellen. "Hey Lou" I say, and she smiles at me. However, her smile fades when she sees my expression.

"What do you need?" she asks, worried. "Have we really known each other so long that you know when I need me in an instant?" I ask. She's one of my best friends in camp. "Yeah, now spill." She says and I tell her everything. "So you want me to run away with you so we can go find your crush that thinks you hate him?" she asks. "Yes, I can't do it on my own, he could be anywhere, and you can transport us and make a tracking spell." I say and give her my puppy eyes. She never says no to the puppy eyes.

"I hope you know how much I hate you" she says. "But this counts as the 'no questions asked' I owe you for the past year and a half. Besides, I can't do it forever, there's a limit and I need to rest, so we can't do that so the way" she mutters and I smile wide.

"Thank you so much, you have no idea how much it means to me!" I exclaim and wish I could hug her as I could but she's in Camp and I'm in Vegas. "Believe me, I know. It's the only reason I'm even considering doing something like this." She mutters and we say goodbye as she runs her hand through the IM.

I smile. How do I get such wonderful friends? It's so amazing she's helping me with this. I start walking, thinking about Nico. He was so happy... I think back to that night. He asked me to stay with him. We cuddled all night. When I woke up, I just wanted to stay there forever... with him. How did I let him slip between my fingers? How was I so stupid?

I still remember how cold his body was. How he clung to me, shaking and sad and scared from his nightmare. How his raven hair fell in front of his eyes, and I moved back, almost kissing the poor shocked boy. His eyes looks into mine, big and wide, looking for comfort with me. And I swear on the River Styx I will do everything in my power to make sure he never feels that bad again.