Chapter 13

I wake up. The same damn dream every single time, me and Will, ever since I left camp. But this time, I wake up... tied to a chair by my hands, legs, shoulders and chest. How wonderful; how did this happen? Oh yeah, a monster.

"I'm getting too old and tired for this kind of thing." I mutter as I take in my environment, trying to find a way out. They're smart; there's no shadow anywhere near me. It's a small room with nothing in it, made completely by red bricks, a bare light bulb hanging from the ceiling right above me, and one wooden door in front of me.

Then, the monster that caught me, the Dracaena, enters the room. "A demigod" she says. "Son of Hades; we have heard much about you" she adds in a sickening voice. "What are you doing in Kentucky?" she asks, and now I get the answer as to where I am. "So I'm guessing you're either going to kill me or trade me?" I ask. "Indeed." She answers.

How wonderful. "But first, I'm afraid you might have to stay here for a while; demigods are most tasty after they've been resting for a while" she says and leaves the room, leaving me alone in my thoughts.

So, I'm gonna die. Maybe it won't be too bad. I know I won't see Bianca, since she's re-incarnated, but maybe I could see my mom. I won't have to worry about that damn solace anymore, him and his annoying homophobia, the annoying blue eyes, and gorgeous face, and that annoying tan, muscular arms that embraced me in that annoying warm hug when I had that nightmare; even though I would definitely prefer it over this new dream; it makes me feel horrible, having everything I want in my dream and then waking up every day to see it isn't true.

You're my friend, he said. He said he cares... does he really want me to do this? I do need to talk to him. I need to know exactly what he was thinking. And just as I think that, I get an IM. From Lou Ellen.

"Nico!" she whispers. "Oh thank the gods" she adds. "Why are you whispering? What happened?" I ask. "Um... Will is asleep, I don't want him to know I'm talking to you. This is really important." She says and then notices I'm tied to a chair. "Where are you? What happened?" she asks, still whispering. "Oh, um... yeah, apparently I was kidnapped to be eaten by monsters and I'm in Kentucky. Not too fun." I say and her eyes widen in shock.

"What?! Are you okay?" she asks and then I see she's in a forest. "Um... as far as you can be. But... why are you talking to me right now?" I ask and she turns slightly pale. She brushes her shoulder-length pitch black hair away from her face, her emerald-green eyes glimmering with worry. "Listen, Will feels really bad. I'm worried, he hasn't been sleeping enough; he isn't eating much..." she trails off and I feel my face fall. He did this because of me.

"Hello? Nico?" she whispers and I realize I didn't respond. "I-" I say but get cut off. "Will's waking up, I gotta go, remember what I said, okay?" she says and waves her hand through the IM.

Will feels bad; he's not eating; was this all me? I should have never done this to him. How could I ever do this to him? How will I look him in the eye? I can't see him. Not now, not ever. This is too much; he isn't eating! Why is he doing this to himself? Does he really feel that bad? Does he think he disappointed me, as a friend, and wants to make me feel better? Am I that important to him? What in the name of Hades is going on here?

The Dracaena returns, a knife in its hand and a grin on its face. It's time. This is when I'll die. And then, everything Lou said runs through my head. Will feels really bad. I'm worried. He hasn't been sleeping enough. He isn't eating much. He missed me. He. Misses me.

I concentrate. Will said I can't shadow travel. He didn't say I can't do other things... I focus, thinking about death. Skeletons emerge from the ground, killing the Dracaena, and moving to the hallway, killing everything in the building. After a few minutes, they come back to me, untying my ropes. I thank them and send them back to where they belong.

I get up, and almost fall back down again. I'm weak. I straighten myself, thinking about what I should do now. I can't see Will, I know what I'll do: I'll cry, say I'm sorry, won't be able to look him in the eye, and then when I'll look him in the eye, I won't be able to fight the urge to kiss him. And then I can only see how it'll go. No. I won't do that, I'm not that stupid.

"So it's settled," I mutter as I walk out of the disgusting house just to find myself in an ancient neighborhood, somewhere in Kentucky. "I won't make any contact with Will until I'm over this dam crush." I say, almost too sad and tired to laugh at our private joke;

Almost.

~•~•~•~
AN: OMGS I'M SO HORRIBLE I DIDN'T UPDATE IN FOREVER

SO SORRY