Chapter 18 (do u luv me now)

POV Nico
~•~•~•~
I'm about to take a bite from my burger, when I see a familiar face staring at me. Will. Oh no, he found me. I let go of the burger and run out the front door, only to be followed by him. I run out to the trees surrounding the highway, too tired to shadow travel, and feel a grip on my shoulder as I slow down, not wanting to fall.

He just looks at me, shaking, with tears in his eyes. Why is he shaking? And crying? This doesn't make sense.
He pulls me into a hug and I pull his warm body to mine. I've missed him so much, it doesn't even make sense. I've accepted the fact that I love him by now, I just didn't want to say anything, given what happened the last time I told him I like him...

I look up and see him crying even more, his head resting on my shoulder. Did I really cause him that much pain by leaving?
"I can't believe I finally found you. I can't believe it. Finally..." He says. "I've missed you so much, you won't believe it" he lifts his head, and holds my chin up with his hand, his thumb stroking my cheek.

"You-you've missed me?" I ask and I notice how horrible he looks: he's pale, skinny, and has huge eye bags... But he's still so beautiful. Wait, did I do this to him? "Of course I did! And I'm so so so sorry for how I reacted when you told me you like me, you really got the wrong impression of me..."

"Wait, so you aren't homophobic?" I ask him. "I'm gay, you idiot!" He exclaims with a smile.

Did he just say what I think he said?
"You're gay?" I ask with almost a smile. "Yes!" He answered me, his hand now covering my cheek.

"But wait, do you still like me?" He asks after a few more seconds and I look down, embarrassed. "Yes" I answer. He pulls up my face and... He's kissing me? Wait, what do I do? This is my first kiss. What in the name of Hades am I supposed to do?

He lets go of me. "First kiss?" He asks and looks relieved when I nod.
"Just... Follow my lead" he says. I nod again and he kisses me, this time, a softer, more gentle kiss. I do as he tells me, wrapping one arm around his waist and I hold the back of his neck with my other.

He holds me, deepening the kiss and I feel something I have never felt before. This is such a new sensation for me, and I never want it to end. I never knew I could feel this peaceful and whole and so so good being with someone.

Eventually, he pulls away, his face red from lack of oxygen. But he's smiling. Big and wide. It just felt like hours, even though it was only a few seconds.

I smile back. "And what took you so godsdamn long?" I ask. "Well, it's not like you were easy to find." He says, letting go with one arm and wrapping the other around my shoulders.
"Now, let's get you back to camp" he says and I walk away. "No... What if they don't accept me? I ran away from camp for a month, and I'm... Gay" I say, looking down.

He wraps his arms around my back and I look up at the beautifully hot 15 year old standing in front of me with his arms wrapped around my back and this time I can't fight the urge to kiss him. And that's exactly what I do.
"Hey, the camp is our family. We should be able to tell them everything. Besides, the world has changed, people except us. Same-sex marriage is legal all over the United States." At this point I look up at him.

"So will you please come back with me? I'm right here for you. Besides" he says leaning in, his mouth next to my ear. "I ran away to find you as well" he whispers, ticketing my skin with those golden curls.

"Did you really do that for me, sunshine?" I ask. He looks at me with sadness in his eyes. "You still don't see it, do you?" He asks. "See what?" I ask, wrinkling my eyebrows.

"Nico, you felt like people hate you, right?" He asks and I nod. "Why would anyone hate someone as smart, beautiful, kind, polite, sensitive and as strong as you are? Anyone who hates you is obviously stupid and doesn't even deserve to bother you, because you are amazing." He says and I feel myself blush. I can't believe he thinks I'm all of those.

"And you aren't alone. When you left, Hazel came to camp to help us find your and is still there; me, Reyna, Percy, Jason, Annabeth, Hazel, Lou Ellen, even Lauren and Sidney helped us, they're a couple now" he says and I nod.

"Really?" I ask. "That was unexpected" I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "So Nico, will you please come home with me?" He asks.

"I don't know..." I say looking back down and he pulls me back to him, keeping one arm on my waist and the other hand is still on my cheek.

"Nico, I love you. You have no idea how much you mean to me, and I want you to come with me. Who knows, the camp might accept us, and some might struggle with it, but I don't care because I love you and I want you to be with me, so could you please come home and just be my boyfriend dammit?" He asks. I look at him in awe. Did he really just say that?

"Yes, sunshine, I'll come with you back home" I say with a sigh. He smiles and wraps his arm around me. "And I love you two. I realized that from the moment I left." I say and he looks down at me, sadness radiating from his eyes. "And of course I'll be your boyfriend, how could I ever say no to someone as perfect as you?" I say and we kiss again.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you like that; you don't deserve it. You should never be hurt, and I don't want you to be" he says and gives me another hug. "Neither should you. And I'm sorry for hurting you as well, I should have just let you explain instead of running off. And I'll try to act better from now on, okay?" I say looking into his eyes. "That's all I wanted to hear." He says and we begin walking.

"To Lou Ellen" he says. Even though I have no idea why, I reply "To Lou Ellen."
~•~•~•~
AN: Thank you so much for reading, I'm NOT DONE YET but I really want to thank those of you that are hanging on there, love you guys, you really mean the world to me because I thought that like 5 people would read this thing
Qotd: would you like an epilog?
Tell me in the comments!