Chapter 14 (is perfectly normal if you don't trust me)

POV Will

~•~•~•~

I wake up to the sound of Lou Ellen's voice. She's saying goodbye to someone. I slowly open my eyes and see her smiling at me. "Good morning sunshine" she says and I snap a glare at her. "Don't. Call me sunshine." I say and she looks down at me with what I think is pity in her eyes. "Sorry" she mutters and sits down next to me. I think back; did we make a mistake by running away like that? I don't regret it, but if they come looking for us?

I ran to Lou Ellen's cabin at midnight, a note in my hand. I slid it under the door; that was our code so she knew it's me. She opened the door and looked at me.

"Are you sure you want to do this? There are safer ways to bring him home." She said. "No. this is my fault, and I won't hear anything else" I said, she didn't argue, probably because it's true. She walks into her cabin, laying the note on her bed, and grabbed her back as we walked out.

"What did you write in the note?" she asks. "Dear camp, I and Will Solace of the Apollo cabin left to find Nico.

Lou Ellen." I said. "Sounds like me." she replied with a nod. When we reached the tree Nico was in in that damn day, I froze. "I'm gonna cut down this fucking tree and turn it into charcoal." I said and she glared at me, wide eyed. I'm known for never using swears.

"You really want to bring him back; don't you?" she asked. I looked at her. "Nico Di Angelo is a modern day hero; he's just as amazing as our glorified Percy Jackson. And he was forgotten, maybe a week after the Titan war? Less? And now, after not only helping to save the worldtwice, he risks his life for peace among the camps, and is now being chased away by one of his closest friends, the person he has feelings to, hurt and alone. If I don't do this, I'm not human." I said at the time.

She looked at me and squeezed my shoulder. "Okay... let's do this."

So off we went, our first occupation was to find a way to travel. After about 10 hours of wandering, we got a car. Then, she convinced me to go to sleep. And that's everything up until now.

I snap out of my 3 second daze and focus on what she's saying. "I tracked down his location..." she says and I almost jump up. "Where is he?" I ask. "Somewhere in Kentucky, he got kidnapped. But I think he's going to do just fine on his own, do not freak out" she says and I slowly nod.

"So we're going toward Kentucky?" I ask. She nods and I smile. "Lou Ellen, you have no idea how much I'm grateful. Really, I owe you so much." I say and give her a hug. "Not a problem, really, you're my best friend, and I would do anything to help a person to find the one he loves." "Lou Ellen I'm no-" I say and she raises her eyebrow. "Okay yes I'm madly in love with that little idiot." I say and we pack up out things as we talk, entering the car.

I start driving, heading to our destination when I see the sun is already in the sky. My siblings are going to wake up without one of their brothers today. I might even find Nico sometime in the next week. I get on to the freeway and after a few minutes I feel Lou Ellen tap on my shoulder. "Will" she says gently. "You're going in 95 miles per hour. Please relax." She says and I slow down. "Sorry, I didn't even notice." I mumble and keep my eye on the road.

Nico. I really hope I'll find him. I don't know what I'll do with myself if I come back after 4 months, 5 months, 6 months without Nico. I really don't know. After about 6 more hours, I take a glance at myself on the window; I look pale and skinny, not good. We stop to eat in a McDonalds on the side of the road and I try not to cry. I know everything about the McDonalds story;

And at this point I wish I hadn't. I finish my burger quickly, run into the car, sit in the driver's seat and start sobbing. Lou Ellen comes and wraps her arms around my shoulders in a hug; I rest my forehead on her shoulder and start crying. "Why the hell did I cry so much?" I ask her after a few more moments.

"Because you feel ashamed; you think it's your fault that Nico ran away, and this is a matter of losing the person you love, and you don't need to be the child of Aphrodite to know that's horrible." She says and I wipe the tears off my face. "Um... is that supposed to cheer me up somehow?" I ask and she smiles. "This is me trying to help. Now shut up and drive."