Chapter 5

Frances' POV

"Where have you two been?!" a voice shrieked, which later turned out to be Mom.

"Mom, you're early," I said, stating the obvious.

"Early or not, where have you been?" said Mom. "I went here and called for both of you, and both of you didn't come! I searched for both of you! I almost called the police!"

She stopped shortly and said, "And you still haven't answered my question. Where were you?"

Mom didn't seem to pay attention to the two "guests" as she said that.

"Well, we went to Starbucks," said Dianne. "It was my fault, I invited Frances for a talk there."

I don't want Dianne to take all the blame so I said, "No, it was mine. I should've said no to her, but I agreed. So it is my fault."

"No, it is OUR fault," said Dianne, not wanting for us to fight about whose fault is whose.

"And we are very sorry."

Mom looked down at us. "You must understand why I don't allow you to go out. I must punish both of you, but this time I'll forgive you, since Dianne's birthday is near."

Dianne and I nodded and said together, "We are again very sorry Mom."

"By the way, who are these friends you made along the way?" asked Mom, pointing towards Leo and Grover who were still standing near the doorway.

"Oh!" said Dianne. "This is Leo," she said pointing to Leo. "And this is Grover," she said, pointing to Grover.

"Seeing that it's dark outside, good evening Ma'am," said Grover bowing down.

"Good evening to you too," said Mom, copying his bow.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Smith," said Leo smiling widely.

"Pleasure to meet you too, Call me Belle," Mom replied smiling widely like Leo, which I find very funny, so I laughed.

"What's so funny?" asked Mom.

"Nothing," I shrugged.

"Mom, why don't we invite Leo and Grover over for dinner? Paul will be coming for dinner with Sally on 7:00 right? Leo and Grover know them," I told Mom. Every Tuesday night, she invited them over to discuss some things.

Anyway, Mom pretended to think then after a while said, "Yes."

I helped Mom set up the rectangle table while Dianne made company to Grover and Leo.

Sigh, Leo. I don't know why, but he's different! He surely is. A while ago, when he gave me the wallet, our fingers touched one another for a second. And in that second, I felt something.

I don't know exactly what I felt, it's ineffable, undescribable, Ugh!

Anyway, I shouldn't mind about those feelings much. We just met right?

---------------

Dianne's POV

Frances helped Mom set up the rectangle table while I was left with Grover and Leo.

Sigh, Leo. I feel that he's different. And I know that I feel something for him right at the start when we first saw him. Could that be the thing they called love at first sight?

I've read many poems and stories about love, therefore I know about it, and I conclude that it is indeed love that I feel for him.

Oh! I can't be in love already! I'm too young! But there is a saying that states: You can forget him, but you can't forget love.